1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Canon 6D Specs Leaked (UPDATE: ANNOUNCED)

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by The_Shadow, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

You know camera clinic do high-speed sync mods right? If its a big deal, get it done.

2. birdie

birdie Member

No I didn't know that, sounds interesting... I'll look into it... but still not sure why they would make it slower for the 6D...

3. Twizzly

Twizzly Member

I still feel that pain now, when I was searching for a decent older pro body, the performance of the D2 series vs the canon's 1D's of that era left me thinking I should switch.

Nikon came late to the FF party with the D3 and D700, although they did come with a bit of a bang, it was still later than the 5DC/1Ds.

that said I feel like Nikon put on the afterburners and came out with the D800 and D4, arguable whether they are better in certain aspects than the competition, I'm of the thought they were just trying to make up for lost time in the FF market, especially now that the D600 comes out.

4. bugeyes

bugeyes Member

maybe because the shutter is only rated to 1/4000th and the first blade travel is slower. Not much difference between 180th and 200, hardly a deal breaker.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. Zee

Zee Member

shame, the 7D AF was rather good. I guess that is what you get combining newb users with pro spec gear. Not to mention an AA filter geared for video, giving slightly soft images at 100% crop.

6. Zee

Zee Member

I have not seen a full size image from either the 6D or D600. Just sayin'...

Z...

7. triggerpeg

triggerpeg Member

I was going to say this as well. Arm chair speculators. Going to the d600 launch tomorrow night so possible get some photos.

8. aokman

aokman Member

here we go: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=9470.0

IQ aside, there are 100 other things you can pick on anyway, such as no flash, single card, lower fps, less AF points etc etc.....

9. triggerpeg

triggerpeg Member

But in all seriousness. I think people should start from the end where its most important 1. Takes photos? Check....then start from there...:)

10. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

The images on the 6D look amazing. The camera looks to fit my bill. :)

The heft and feel of the camera looks like it's a decent swap for a 550D. Changing over from a crop sensor and EF-S lens to a nice FF and 24-105mm it'd be great to travel with and it have some weather sealing. The worst feeling is to be caught out in a shower or a rainstorm and all you have is a coat to cover the 550D with. :S

It feels that this was the camera that was meant to be a 5D3 but when Nikon came out with the D600 and the feature set knocked a lot of people's socks off, they upgraded the feature set and released the 5D3... so now we have this 6D as the "entry" level for FF cameras.

11. aokman

aokman Member

It was never meant to be a 5d3 (i would take the 5d2 over the 6d personally), it was designed to be a entry level body for FF, hence the smaller housing / less buttons, its more of a REBEL body. The 7D and 5D are the pro style bodied camera's. Given its price point the 6D should have maintained the pro body layout i think...

12. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

That's still ok by me. I'm ok with the fact that it's an entry level FF body. Probably fits my skill level anyway. It should more than deliver what I want out of images too.

13. aokman

aokman Member

6D vs D600 summary from photography blog

[​IMG]

14. Zee

Zee Member

Wait...

Viewfinder frame coverage for D600... -100% - WTF? How can....

*Brain. Exploded.

Z...

15. lovecolt

lovecolt Member

Its not minus 100%, its approx 100% *Brain. Exploded* :p

16. t23

t23 Member

17. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Canon EOS 5D Mark II is probably still a better buy over a 6D IMO.

18. Taceo Corpus

Taceo Corpus Member

Nah man, it's definitely negative 100%. So you get 100% but the colours are inverted and the picture is upside down.

19. oculi

oculi Member

so people will buy it?

i've just read troll rockwell's comparison to the 5D3, 6D is looking like a winner to me. main thing i don't like is no buttons on the left side of the screen, he says this is much better because you can use the camera one handed. i think i know what he's usign the other hand for...

actually maybe this isn't as big a deal as i think. i'm sure we will know more by the time it is in shops anyway.

20. t23

t23 Member

I have been a happy owner of 5DII since its release. Don't think I will upgrade to 5D3 or 6D.