Canon EOS R Mirrorless Full Frame

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2018.

1. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

Yeah i would love it, so much freaking dust!
    heavier lenses should always be supported by the lens anyway

2. Xang

Xang Member

It's a pretty solid feature. If Sony were going to add it they would have done so already.

I get infinitely more sensor dust on Sony than with either brand of DSLR and cleaning it frequently adds to the risk of damage. Such a stupid shortcoming of the Sony system.

3. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

I take back everything I have said about this camera in the past. After spending some time with a production camera with at 24-70 attached today, I am very impressed with the camera and how it feels, as well as how fast the AF is. Before you ask, yes I have had some time with the Nikon Z7. I think the Canon feels better and faster than the Z7. I think Canon is onto a winner here.

4. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Sensor dust is annoying, broken shutters more so. I'd rather have the OLP exposed than the mechanical shutter.

5. Derfman

Derfman Member

Held one one today, reconfirming not for me, feels like a gimmicy toy, ergonomically poor, hated the thumbslide as your thumb grips it all the time, and no rear dial / joystick just the crappy 4 way in a weird spot.

I do hope the mkii is much better.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  6. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

7. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

I just saw a review that stated you needed the special USB charger to charge it - Shirly they can't be serious? My Dell laptop has that "feature" and I will refuse to buy any product ever again that restricts your charging options.

8. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

You can charge the batteries as you normally would (unless you are Sony and don't provide a battery charger). It's just the USB charging that requires a rediculously overpriced proprietary charger.

9. Michael H

Michael H Member

The editing of that video is brilliant. So funny, because so much of it is true.

10. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Have to wonder why they even bothered with the USB charging. I mean I know everyone was screaming for it, but what they delivered missed every single point of what people were actually asking for. Can only charge from mains, no portable charging, can't charge and use the camera at the same time and can't consolidate your chargers so one can charge multiple devices, so what's the point?

Wanted to like this camera, but I just don't get the point of it. I'm not sure why I would buy this over a 5D4, you give up too much for not enough in return.

TheBear21 likes this.
  11. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

The Sony A7Riii contains a battery charger.