Canon Pixma MG3560 - Resizing Image

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Do It Yourself, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Member

I am using my old printer (Canon Pixma MG3560) via wifi and through the Cannon iOS app. It prints okay for anything A4.

But what I wanted to do is print an image but resize the image to A5 size and print it on A4 paper. Does anyone know how to do this? I can’t find anything on the app to resize it smaller.

2. OP
    OP
    Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Member

3. cbjaust

cbjaust Member

Resize 70% A4 - > A5? Maybe try with a computer?

4. de_overfiend

de_overfiend Member

im the canon app set the page size to a5 or whatever and print... if the printer has an error hit ok not cancel.
    are you using canon injet/selphy app or airprint? The airprint uses generic apple drivers whereas the inkjet/selphy app uses the canon printer plugin (which needs to be installed)
    might limit your options if you are just using the airprint driver

5. OP
    OP
    Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Member

I am using the Canon Selphy app on my iPhone. When I select A5 size and try print, it will not work and say wrong paper size because my paper is A4.

Hence why I’m asking is there a way on the app to resize the image I’m printing to a smaller size and print it on A4 paper without it being scaled/stretched to A4 size.

6. Groff

Groff Member

Use your photo app in the phone and save it as a different file with a setting of A5 in PDF format?

Or, better still, if you have a computer, it would be much easier to edit the image there or at least force print to A5.

7. OP
    OP
    Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Member

This is true but let’s say I resize the picture into a small 4x4 square. When you print it via Selphy app doesn’t it stretch it to A4 size?