Canon Powershot IXUS 400?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by MegaBaz, Jun 24, 2003.

1. beeker

beeker Member

I dropped my IXUS 400 yesterday but it is still operating and taking pictures.

There's a few scratches (and a few on the eyepiece too, but I don't use that much) and I think the spring is broken on 1 side of the zoom. It also gave me a heart attack because I couldn't erase or anything. Turned it off and back on and it's working again.

Did you send yours back to Canon tangcla? Or did you take it back to the shop?

I'm gonna have to do it when I get back in the country.

2. ic0nic

ic0nic Member

same thing happened with the original ixus my bro and i use beeker. was out of warrenty and had to fork out quite a bit to fix the zoom function. the knob was screwed. cost a couple of hundred i think.

3. beeker

beeker Member

Hmm, that's not good news. Mine's still working, it's just difficult to use because the spring isn't there to stop it from zooming. You have to stop it manually. Mine's still under warranty, but I doubt, it holds for user stupidity.

I might check out the funky Sony DSC-T1 tomorrow before I come back I think. it has ain internal optical zoom (3x), except for the memory stick, and it has 640x480xsoundx30fps movie capabilities too. Unfortunately, that takes up 1Mb per sec or something.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  4. tangcla

tangcla Member

Took it back to Canon direct; I bought it directly from the importer (Tech Pacific) so that's what they'd do anyway; and plus, it'd be faster. The Canon Melbourne head office is pretty close to where I live anyway :thumbup:

5. tangcla

tangcla Member

The T1 is a very nice camera, very popular in Hong Kong when I was there (December 03 - January 04). It was about $600-650AUD at the time I was there, due to the great exchange rate :cool: ), was tempted to buy the camera myself...

6. beeker

beeker Member

Went to the Sony shop here, and it:s around the $900 mark when you convert from the Japanese yen. They also have the T11 which is basically the same but without the lid in front and a bigger cable loop.

Pity they are not selling it at the moment. The guy mentioned that they are having some problems with it. Supposedly a bit cheaper than the T1 in the Sony shop :(

Gonna have to organise my Canon fix when I get back I think

;)