1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Cant enter BIOS on Asus x570 Strix F

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Rusty X5, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Hi, I currently upgraded my server to a x570 platform. Put everything together, posted fine, went into BIOS fine, put win10 on fine with all updates, rig was working fine on my test bench, no problems. When I moved it to my PC room though, when powering on I get no option to go into BIOS and on power up greet with 3 beeps which indicate (from the manual) there is no VGA detected. But once loaded up, everything works fine, windows is fine, screen and video card works fine, detects rtx2070 super fine, everything is fine...I just cant get back into BIOS, tried to reset and such to no avail.

Now i have not have much time to troubleshoot the problem due to RL (only got time now to post this..it been up for 3 weeks) and was just hoping if anyone experienced this and has a quick solution. My solution were going to be try different cable on monitor, move/change gfx card, reset CMOS..and maybe something else..not sure. Any info would be helpful.

Specs are..3700x, asus x570 strix F, 2x16gb ripjaws, 970 evo plus M2, gigabyte rtx2070 super, lots of hdds up to 50tb, win10 pro

thx

2. Rosch

Rosch Member

A different GPU should do the trick but it won't fix it. You should get access to the bios though so you can play around with the settings or update it and then try your 2070S.

3. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

How did you reset CMOS? Pop battery or via CMOS pins?

Make sure PSU is disconnected, power unplugged before you try either!

4. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Rebooting directly to BIOS from Windows 10,,,

GoneFishin22 likes this.
  5. issa2006

issa2006 Member

Their is a few ways.

Just be careful if you using onboard raid.

New oc, have a habit of kicking offline the metadata drive 0.. If you turn off raid n reboot.. Then turn it on again.

Esp bios update/ reset.

Backup raid befor doing either.

Older z68 platform, did not have this problem.
    You could flash bios or turn raid off then on..

It would detect it again.

X99, z100_300 chipset... By by raid data..

Ie battey goes flat, or bios update, or you turn off raid.. The reboot, then turn it on... Drive 0 stays offline.. (esp on raid 0, 1)

6. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Nah all good, i don't run raid, just have a HBA, thanks though

Tried this, did not work

I tried this, did nothing, got constant black screen, thought i'd would have to rma mobo

The last thing I tried, put my old GTX760 back in, got BIOS back and everything fine, put 2070S put in..working fine lol..IDK what happened, maybe bumped something during the short move or..idk. All working fine again, thanks for all your guys help.

...now just to work out crappy Win 10..the networking is so bad on it :(

Thx again

Rosch likes this.
  7. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

Just saying - I have the same problem!

ASUS x570 strix-f > BIOS Flashback to support 5900x

Went in to BIOS everytime perfectly until I did a fresh install of Win 10 with latest build.

Now I can't get in no matter what I try, including the recovery mode > boot in to UEFI... just boots in a few seconds right back to login screen win10.

Will unplug GPU and give it a "nintendo" blow <jokes>

seems like it keep loading previous 'sleep/hibernate' rather than actually cold booting, even with no power overnight. Or just like the keyboard isn't recognised the F2 or DEL keys until windows has started loading.

8. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

Nintendo trick didn't work.

Plugged GPU into the "wrong" slot PCIEX16_2 and now I can get in to BIOS again?
    I need to make this RAM go faster but if I can't get in to BIOS reliably this could be "FUN"

9. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

I extended the POST timeout screen thingo to max 9 seconds. Seems I can get in all the time now, but don't know if it is still because I am in the 2nd slot still.