Cant import Bootcamp (Win10) into Vmware Fusion

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by mitchamus, Jan 8, 2018.

1. mitchamus

mitchamus Member

Hi All

So i have built (rebuilt) my win10 build on Bootcamp and all went well... started process in OSX and then finished off in the windows OS and the rebooted back into OSX via the usual way holding down option

now, i run Vmware Fusion (Version 8.5.9 (7098239) and when i try to setup a VM and install from bootcamp, i get the following message (VMware Fusion could not find any Boot Camp volumes on this Mac.)

now, when i goto About This MAC, i can locate the bootcamp partition, howver it says its at 0% of 125gb (which indicates it cant see anything on thet partition)

whats happening and how can i resolve?

Version of MacOS is 10.13.2 (17C88
    Macbook is a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
    CPU – 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM – 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Vmware Fusion (Version 8.5.9 (7098239)

2. OP
    OP
    mitchamus

mitchamus Member

anyone?

3. Hater

Hater Member

APFS vs. HFS incompatibility perhaps?

4. Uranux

Uranux Member

Try clearing the quarantine attribute to the application in Terminal

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2...ended-attribute-from-downloaded-applications/

This happened to me as well with Fusion 10 and this is how I was able to get it to recognise the Bootcamp partition. I re-redownloaded Fusion 10, removed the quarantine from the .dmg file and then reinstalled. Was able to import the Bootcamp partition after that.

5. knoted

knoted Member

I had to update to Fusion 10 to get Bootcamp working again. I couldn't get it to work after High Sierra and AFPS came in on Fusion 8.