1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't pair bluethooth with LG C1 OLED TV.

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by blondie_hunter, Jun 13, 2022.

1. blondie_hunter

blondie_hunter Member

Tried to pair my Sony MX3 with new LG C1 OLED TV but the TV can't find the headphone in pairing mode. Looked up on youtube and did what the videos said nothing happened. I'm thinking I either received a faulty TV or the headphone doesn't support the TV? Or do I need a transmitter to make it work?

Does anyone have this TV and can give some advice? Thanks.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I suspect some sort of incompatibility with the headphones. I've had the same thing happen to me, the headphones just will not display on the tv whatsoever. These were super cheap headphones on a LG oled also. All my more exxy headphones have no issue.

3. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Do you mean the XM3's? Pretty sure they can only pair with one device at a time. Make sure something isn't already connected to them before trying the TV.

4. OP
    OP
    blondie_hunter

blondie_hunter Member

Were you using the same TV? Sony XM3 isn't really a cheap headphone.

I did only pair the headphone with the TV, there was no other bluetooth connection when I was trying to connect.

Just called LG support and they claim this TV doesn't support wireless headphones, but there are people who can connect their airpod with it:

I properly received a faulty product, waitting for LG's reponse on a return.

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

C9 iirc. I think it's just going to be a bit of luck-of-the-draw about what works and what doesn't.