1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Carry method, em1 mk2 and 300mm f4

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by BigTriangle, Sep 5, 2019.

1. BigTriangle

BigTriangle Member

Any one got am off the shelf solution? When walking and shooting, mostly birding, to keep most of the load off the lens mount, I'm using the eyelet off a Black Rapid "shot" strap screwed into the lens foot and a rifle sling.
    I'd like to be able to use my monopod or my tripod too, and the Black Rapid eyelet is in the way.
    I do have a spare (long) AS lens plate I can trial fit to the lens to use both the shoulder strap and the lens in a AS clamp, this is going to require some messing around to get the lens down/body up carry position

Are any of you guys using some purpose built adaptor that will sort this?

2. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

You can get arca swiss plates with strao attachment points, you could use one of them on the lens?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. OP
    OP
    BigTriangle

BigTriangle Member

I was wondering if there was such a thing, cheers mate I'll go have a look for one.

*The lens plate off my sigma 150 has got two 1/4 inch holes in the front end. If I mount the plate in reverse I can get a couple of 4mm carabiners and tie the rifle sling to the carabiners, and I'll get the lens down/body up carry I want. Thanks for the idea dude :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    die_piggy likes this.