1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Concept: 10L ITX with full custom watercooling (formerly portrait A(MD)4-SFX)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by OCMunkee, Jul 6, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

tunksy and h2oxide like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

Unfortunately, DHL / Deutsche Post still haven't managed to get the block to me, 49 days since it was posted from Germany!
    Hoping it arrives very bloody soon, otherwise sender will be asked for a refund and I guess will need to claim shipping insurance.

Also waiting on:
    - the rotary terminal for the EK block, as the angled terminal for the quick-disconnect kit isn't quite the right shape for what I wanted to achieve
    - purchased a 420mm radiator and 6x140mm fans which will serve as the external cooling system (probably under my desk) so that I can miniaturise my case as much as possible

My current plan is to keep 1x240mm internal and have the 420mm external with quick-disconnects on the rear panel of the PC case).
    I am, however, debating whether a fully external system actually has any downsides. I don't travel with my PC or take it to LANs or anything so no real need to have internal cooling, as it could be semi-permanently attached to the external system.

I'm leaning towards taking the design to new lows (in terms of volume), but also considering whether I want to avoid a PCIe riser. If I'm going riser-less then I can easily keep internal 240mm without adding much space, but if I opt with a PCIe 4.0 riser, then I can really shrink the case down by folding the GPU over, but then it will still need some airflow for the components not cooled by the WC system.