Cat constantly urinating on the floor

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by neoprint, Apr 9, 2019.

1. oculi

oculi Member

Try lavender oil instead of eucalyptus.

2. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Mate at least she's not doing this!

[​IMG]

:lol:

JSmith

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Still won't dissolve the uric acid salts responsible for triggering your pet to reoffend.

The point is not cleaning it to smell pretty to humans. You need to clean it to not smell at all to animals.

4. oculi

oculi Member

I more meant because most (but not all!) cats hate the smell of lavender, we sprayed our cat's bed with lavender once because reasons and then she wouldn't sleep there anymore.

The same cat has taken to shitting behind a door on the carpet when we forget to put her outside, i'd try lavender there but who knows where she would shit next.

5. Lazlo999

Lazlo999 Member

Cover the drain for a few weeks with a standard sink plug, and black pepper sprinkled around it for that time (is a deterent makes them sneze). Mine used to do the exact same thing at the same age. I also used the rub there face in it like a dog training method when i caught her in the act... Cat doesnt piss inside anymore.

6. power

power Member

close bathroom, put tray outside.

7. miicah

miicah Member

Our cats used to do this, until we started locking them in the laundry (where the kitty litter is) during their dinner and when we go to bed. I guess it forced them to go to the toilet at certain times? I don't know exactly what happened, but they don't piss on the front door any more.

8. BIPyjamas

BIPyjamas Member

If you only have one litter box, have you tried placing a second one elsewhere for her to perhaps make use of? The current one may be too "full" so she decides to go outside. Another thing to try is if your litter box has a lid, try taking it off, it may allow your cat to position themselves over different areas of the box as needed. For example, my cats will sniff different areas of their box and make use of all sides and corners and stand up facing outwards or sit down as needed - they wouldn't be able to go as comfortably within an enclosed box.

Also, I know it may seem like common sense to place litter boxes in the laundry, bathroom, or other out of the way place, etc, but you may have more success placing the trays around common areas where the cat likes to hang out. We put our 3 boxes (2 cat household) on bath matts to help catch most of the litter that falls out of the tray so litter tracking isn't as much of a problem.

Otherwise, I would try covering up the drain on the off chance it may have an odour that is encouraging her to want to go there, but my gut feel is that the problem centres around your litter box situation.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  9. Lazlo999

Lazlo999 Member

Have a fussy cat as well? 2 poops and shes full hahaha
    I had to move the litter box to the lounge room with no lid at first, The flap used to scare her so i removed that for a bit also.

10. BIPyjamas

BIPyjamas Member

I don't know if they're fussy, but we tried to make it as painless as possible for them to do their business so that everyone is happy :lol:

11. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Discipline, it works

12. OP
    OP
    neoprint

neoprint Member

Put another tray next to the drain hole. She's completely ignored it but now she's pissing in the normal tray, no puddles in over a day now...

13. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Idk if it works with cats but I know it works with dogs urinating on furniture is maybe try spray a bit of white vinegar in the area where your cat keeps urinating on.

14. Lazlo999

Lazlo999 Member

Yeah well i was gonna say that i give it a few smacks and it works but you never know some people are a bit over the top when it comes to telling them you discipline your cat or dog. But there the proven methods that work try telling some rspca person that lol. IMO its the same as a kid and some people well they dont smack there kids and look at them. Nothing worse then an untrained animal.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  15. power

power Member

you don't need to hit animals. if you do that's your failing.

Baringa and shredder like this.
  16. Lazlo999

Lazlo999 Member

and here we go....

17. broccoli

broccoli Member

No, we don't. OP's cat is back weeing in his main tray. It's all good. These are not the droids you are looking for, move on.

18. power

power Member

right back at ya.

no beating required...

19. Lazlo999

Lazlo999 Member

OMFG! i gave op multiple methods and then a final method...for worst case scenario

20. shredder

shredder Member

A loud "NO!" and handclap achieves exactly the same 'disciplinary' scare and deterrent, but without the ugly violence.

Lazlo999 likes this.