Cat peeing in bean bags

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by BeanerSA, Mar 21, 2010.

1. BeanerSA

BeanerSA Member

My mature, de-sexed male cat, has been sniffing around my kids new bean-bags since we got them a fortnight ago, and today he finally pee'd on one.

I figure it has a nice kind of "kitty litter" feel to it, but I was wondering if any of the knowledgeable people on here, could offer some tips on stopping this happening?

I'm pretty sure I can rule out a UTI, as we are right on top of that at the moment.

2. Sorak

Sorak Member

hahah this brings back memories. we had two bright yellow bean bag chairs. our desexed female didnt approve, kept peeing on it. eneded up throwing them out.
    later we had a small rug, cat didnt approve and peed on that aswell.
    i think its just their way of conveying disapprovement of your furniture purchases.

3. swiftyb

swiftyb Member

I'd be keen to hear this one as well... we have 2 boy cats and one keeps peeing on my girlfriends blanket :) its pretty funny for me... but no so her :p

4. mike-s

mike-s Member

My old cat used to do it and ued to shit me off as we did all sorts of things to try and fix the problem she had, how did i solve it? move and give the cat away.

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

My cat peed on my new carpet. I figured she wanted to "claim it" since she's not allowed on the sofas.

We got her a kitty bed and she peed on that too. :shock:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  6. Smoke87

Smoke87 Member

This is just weird. My cat never peed on anything. I mean a few times she somehow got locked in a room and did a poo on the floor but this is just weird...

7. broccoli

broccoli Member

Once they've decided it's a litter tray, I don't think there's any way of stopping them from doing it. I had the same problem and I agree that it was "the kitty litter feel" of it that was appealing. Once they've done it once, you'll never get their scent out of it and they'll keep going back.

There is a product called "urine off" (there are other similar products) which neutralize the urine smell, but it's hard in a bean bag because the little beans will have been marked and you won't really be able to spray everything that's been wet. I ended up retiring the beanbags and discarding the beans.