Catleap Q270 - 27" 2560*1440 IPS LED for ~$280

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Tycn, Mar 14, 2012.

1. fuXK

fuXK Member

Pull the trigger and bought one

The DVI-D cable that comes with the monitor any good? or did u guys end up buying a different DVI-D cable?

2. Kataton1c

Kataton1c Member

It's fine. Maybe a bit short but that's about it.

3. super kermit

super kermit Member

4. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

The resolution of the Catleaps is seriously just too high consider using them for surround gaming, 2 x 670's won't cut it unless you like running really low graphical settings, you'll need tri or quad sli with 4gb of vram, and even then tri and quad surround has numerous scaling issues.

Just my 10 cents worth. :thumbup:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. raX

raX Member

Price varies.

No.

No, especially no if you're going to attempt anything over 2560x1440, you simply will not get a framerate anywhere near 120 thus rendering 120hz useless. (Unless there is something about this 120hz fad I do not understand)

6. Bosisto

Bosisto Member

Ive got an alienware laptop which has both a vga and HDMI connectors, Can I use this catleap as an external monitor ?

7. aidz

aidz Member

Took the chance, arrived yesterdy, bought pixel perfect and that's what i got, had it for about 3 hours before severe screen and pixel flickering, used different power cables, dvi cables, different cards. all the same result.

Anyone else had these problems and got them resolved with these monitors?

Before i start thinking i bought a pixel perfect paper weight...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  8. raX

raX Member

1x perfect pixel, 2x non-perfect, none of them have any defects or even dead pixels at all...

I've seen the perfect pixel flicker once, but it was only when i was fucking around with refresh rates....

9. ViperAMD

ViperAMD Member

That sucks aidz.. What are you going to do? Could you tell us who you ordered from and which model you went with?

Cheers

10. aidz

aidz Member

bought the screen from dreamseller, must admit it is a amazing screen, well before the flickering.
    Just going through the usual channels of emailing, asking for an exchange, them asking if i have the dvi-d connected properly...??

Into day 3 so far, no sign of them accepting a return or resolution.

11. fuXK

fuXK Member

flickering is probably cause by a burnt BLUE mosfet PCB

12. azalin79

azalin79 Member

The one I have from Greensum has stopped working with the flashing power button. tried a different cable but no luck. Asked Greensum and I have to pay freight both ways to get it fixed - so thats not happening lol.

13. ThaitaniumXI

ThaitaniumXI Member

Sounds like pot luck with everyone. Stuff that. I'll wait for the Dell deal.

14. ViperAMD

ViperAMD Member

Yeah, also gonna wait for Dell deal to resurface.

Such a shame, if these were more reliable / sellers paid for delivery back i'd be all over it.

15. Tattered

Tattered Member

could anyone link me a 2m or so long dvi-d cable they have had luck with? I keep seeing ones with only 2000x1500 supported :S

I'm sure someone has linked one somewhere in this thread but at around the 20 page mark i still haven't found it.

Thanks

16. MoJoMaN

MoJoMaN Member

17. BurntToast

BurntToast Member

Looks like Kogan is jumping on the bandwagon of packaging these same IPS panels: http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/27-wqhd-led-ips-monitor/

Says that it won't ship until Xmas eve, but might be a decent option to get one of these panels on the cheap with a decent warranty. Other inputs like displayport are welcome as well.

That said my Bright screen from DreamSeller is still going strong. I get the occasional green-snow when my '09 macbook pro wakes up from sleep, but turning the monitor off and on again seems to do the trick. Not sure if that is the screen or the apple displayport -> dual link DVI adaptor.

18. ThaitaniumXI

ThaitaniumXI Member

Once there is a comparison between the dell I'll probably purchase the Kogan if it is up to par.

19. Snowblindnz

Snowblindnz Member

Interesting. Note the 113w power draw on the Kogan, vs ~63w for the Korean brands. I guess that must be the video processing for the extra display ports?

[Edit] also $29 for shipping QLD way = $428.

20. Toliandar

Toliandar Member

Problem with the Kogan monitor will be the extras increasing responsiveness. Would have been more interesting if they made a DVI-D or DP only no frills monitor.