1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Changhong or hisense tv?

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by kix, Oct 13, 2015.

1. elvis

elvis OCAU's most famous and arrogant know-it-all

FTA and SD Foxtel looks shit on everything. 720p should be a national standard by now, but our legacy TV companies are lazy and cheap.

No wonder on-demand companies like Netflix are causing them so many headaches. It's not hard to out perform mediocrity.

2. sanjay

sanjay Member

for ages I had a 46" bauhn (aldi) full HD LCD TV as my main TV, was seriously impressed for it considering how little it cost, brand new (like $300ish at the time or thereabouts, from dealsdirect).

im definitely on the cheap TV bandwagon. parents have always bought expensive samsungs and LGs and frankly for the most part I cant tell what all the fuss is about in comparison.

of course, anyone who makes their living off the fat commissions they get from selling more expensive TVs will disagree with me. :thumbup:

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Doesn't it look crap on exxy TV's also?

4. sml_nail

sml_nail Member

If its for FTA then why the need for a 4K TV?

I've had my 55" Changhong for a few months. They must have improved the UI and remotes from previous models as mine is fine - much better than Kogan, Seiki and other cheap brands.

For HD content and netflix its pretty decent. That being said FTA looks absolutely awful on it. I'm using a high quality antenna cable so I'm suspecting the tuner is the culprit but Netflix services majority of my TV needs anyway so its no big deal for me.

In store PQ of the Hisense LCD's seem ok but its hardly a proper comparison to go off.

5. Mattip

Mattip Member

Have a hisense for the garage 55" was cheap have had for 3 years now and not one issue with it would recommend.

I honestly have more dramas with my brand new Sony and LG 4K screens :tired:

6. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

I had a little play around with this TV (albeit 60" version) and the UI is quite slow. The other TV I was looking at (Sony W800C) was much snappier.

I'm tempted to get the Panasonic to replace the aging set in my bedroom but I'm quite worried about how much input lag it has. Obviously can't test that in store and there are no reviews anywhere for it (probably because it's one of the lower end models).

On topic, I would have no problem recommending Hisense. I have one as the main set in the lounge and it's great.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah, that's definitely one thing you have to, and can, try out before you buy. Nothing worse that a slow UI and slo channel changing.