"Charging Alien Battery"?? for SE W880i

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by shihyuan, Jul 7, 2008.

1. shihyuan

shihyuan Member

Hi,

I have the issue described in the title, when I am charging my 2 SE W880i phones, the "Charging Alien Battery" comes up. I did some research on google and I found aftermarket batteries might cause this problem or it could be a hardware issue. The 2 phones are less than 1 week old. The battery life is extremely low. I could only use it for around 60 to 70 mins of talk time max and I charge it every 1.5 to 2 days. This really annoys me because I talk on the phone quite often :mad:

Could anyone please more specific reason why the message pops up when I am charging the phones and why my battery life is low in relation to that issue?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

2. dink

dink Member

Battery life on my w880i is pretty average.

Check the authenticity of the batteries and upgrade the firmware. Then decide if you should take them back.

3. OP
    OP
    shihyuan

shihyuan Member

Sorry for being a noob, but how do I check the authenticity of the battery? Also how do I check what version of firmware I am running and how to upgrade the firmware?

4. Digitone

Digitone Member

To check your firmware on SE's use the following, where the '>' and '<' mean right and left on your dpad.

> * < < * < *

Can't recall whether there are any genuine indercators on the batterys for SE but will check this morning at work for you. Where did you buy the phones from as that probally going to give you a ruff indication :p .

5. OP
    OP
    shihyuan

shihyuan Member

well i bought the phones off ebay. I did a master reset yesterday and the "charging alien battery" message just went away when charging but i will try again tonight when i am charging the batteries.