Cheap 3D Printers?

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by Aussiejuggalo, Apr 25, 2015.

1. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

I just got a Toll delivery - left at the front door no signature (unless there are options for the sender to opt out?)

2. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

One of 3 options.

Driver is a tard and did his job wrong, sender did not request a signature or authority to leave was provided.

3. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

hedge my bet on #1 with my driver....

4. Franc

Franc Member

In Melb, i havent been asked for a signature for around 6 months......about at least a few deliveries every day

5. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

Any Perth people know if we can get some m3 heat set insert locally? Waiting from both China and Amazon US and is taking a while....

6. Franc

Franc Member

Couriers please...waiting two weeks for part one of a two part shipment from Sydney to Melbourne (One part was delivered in two days). They seem to have some issues at the moment.

Meanwhile I have a package from Turkey that's arriving tomorrow in about a week.

7. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Courier Please and Fast Way and the bottom of the barrel for couriers, The company I work for waited over 2 months for package with couriers please and in hte end it went to the wrong location and we had to pick it up. Fast way Couriers I waits a month for a delivery but at least it came to the right place.

8. Franc

Franc Member

Yeah when I ring them tommorrow ill offer to pay to ship the replacement via another courier

9. mtma

mtma Member

Dunno about Perth but Core electronics seems to have them and also concept fasteners probably too. Though dunno what concept is like for retail.

RS is also sometimes good for getting out of a pinch with little things like this.

10. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

Yeah Core has them - was hoping to avoid postage as i already have 2 batches coming (yeah im impatient lol).

Check RS no luck unfortunately they don't stock them :( but yeah RS is great - free shipping and real quick! next day shipping for my $2.50 ec11 encoder lol

11. tumutbound

tumutbound Member

If you're desperate for these, I have a stack in both 4mm and 5mm lengths. Happy to help out, tis the season and all.

RaihaX likes this.
  12. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

If you were in Perth (unless you are?) I would love take that offer - I assume aus post during this time would be shocking anyway :(

13. tumutbound

tumutbound Member

They're still quoting 3-6 working days from Tassie to Perth. Earliest mail would be Monday though.

14. Franc

Franc Member

Just got a Sovol SV03 printer (with a huge 350 x 350 x 400 mm bed). My older printers are all good, but I wanted a bigger bed size.

The printer quality is really amazing for the price.

15. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

been wanting a bigger printer myself was waiting for the cr10 or x1 to go on sale. Might do some research on this one.

Edit. Did a quick read and you get a lot of printer from factory!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  16. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Im in the same boat, need to be able to print a helmet whole ideally.. Was looking at the Ender 5 plus but this might be another good option..

17. Franc

Franc Member

I think the ender also would be a good buy. Im now looking for big prints to showoff the printer (I will do some helmets myself for my movie room) I cant find anywhere that allows you to filter by print size though.

Printers this big can generate much more useful prints around the house i think..

Im seriously thinking about selling all my others and just have two of these, one with a bigger nozzle/different hotend for fast printing...

18. cvidler

cvidler Member

you can scale up models to be bigger. may not be great if there's not much initial detail in them. but it'll work.

19. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

My SKR Mini e3 v2 just arrived to upgrade the main board in the cr20 pro.
    Looks like it should be a straight swap out for the hardware then I’ll need to work out how to set up marlin for it.

20. tumutbound

tumutbound Member

I'f you haven't already done so, check out Teaching Tech on Youtube. He has a number fo videos on upgrading to this board. I followed his Marlin suggestions when I upgraded my Ender 5 with that same board and it's working well. About to mess that up with some new upgrades :)