Cheap Android for playing

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by th3_hawk, Apr 18, 2019.

1. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I’m looking for an Androiddevice to do some android things I can’t do on an iPhone. This isn’t intended to be my main phone, although being able to learn a little more about how Android works would be nice.

Really, I want the latest greatest fastest thing… but that is a waste and something I can’t afford :p

So….

What is the cheapest Android device that performs half well and runs Pie (Android 9)? I’m not too fussed on tablet vs phone. I’m not concerned with camera performance or battery life, but if it’s a chuggy POS I’ll just never use it.
    Pie only because it’s the new hotness, but Oreo is probably just fine if there is a great Oreo only alternative.

New is the preference, but second hand is an option. Sub $200 would be nice but I’m open to suggestions.

Go.

2. doug81

doug81 Member

Second-hand Xiaomi would be the way to go IMHO - should be able to get a decent phone sub-$200, maybe a MI 8 Lite or something similar

3. OP
    OP
    th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I've been hunting around and was looking at the Nokia 6.1 Plus which seems to be pretty close to the MI 8 Lite but running Android One. Both seem to be about the same price, although are getting to $300, and only seem to be available online. When I'm reading various reviews the Nokia keeps popping up as the alternative, although all the phones I've been looking at are in the same sort of range so it's probably not a huge surprise.

Some other Options:
    Huawei Nova 3e
    Motorola Moto G6
    OPPO A73
    OPPO AX5s

Xiaomi 8 Lite:
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009618416255.html

Nokia 6.1 Plus:
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009787976351.html

At the moment that Nokia 6.1 Plus is probably the top of the list.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019