REVIEW Cheap Case Review #4 - SHAW GT-GM5 GAMING CASE WITH USB 3.0 REVIEW!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by __Ripjaws__, Nov 11, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    __Ripjaws__

__Ripjaws__ Member

Probably but I wouldn't recommend putting it in this case as there's no threads for the screws for your video card. Because of it being a big card, it will fit, it's just that the dodgy mounts - I don't trust. Up to you however ;)

2. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Wait what? Are you sure you didn't just use a screw with the wrong thread? I've never come across a case where you couldn't tighten it with the right screw, and if that was the case and the hole was stripped for whatever reason, that's when the zip tie comes into play.

3. zyn0

zyn0 Member

Yeh just gonna YOLO it especially as I really dont want to fork out $70 for a new case (well next time i do buy a case, it's gonna be high quality lmao). And the screw holes seem alright. I fitted it with an old graphics card I found lying around and the screws seems OK. My power button stopped working though so i have to short to turn on my pc OTL.

4. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Awesome :thumbup: Don't forget to join the SHAW owners club (see sig) ;)

5. grrrr

grrrr Member

I think you mounted your SSD the wrong way. It should plug in the back. If you mount 3.25" HDDs they mount the other way with the cables at the back.

6. OP
    OP
    __Ripjaws__

__Ripjaws__ Member

The little rails they are on don't go the other way. They only click in one way like the older Thermaltake/Cooler Master cases if you know what I mean.

But I know what you mean, that's a rookie mistake sometimes but nope, it was intentional, couldn't mount it any other way :D

7. grrrr

grrrr Member

le sigh... i will have to take pictures..

The hdd mounts go that way but your hdd should have its plugs in the back side...The SSD is backwards in the HDD cradle.

This is only because I have mounted 2 larger hdds and there is only way way to screw them into the white cradles.

Drop Box Link so you know what I mean.. System build isnt finished in these pics....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqu14sxg5lchjyr/AADWcBXAJNIexQaumuCsD4nna?dl=0

8. OP
    OP
    __Ripjaws__

__Ripjaws__ Member

Ah I get you now. Couldn't have it the other way or the cables and stuff stuck out too much that I couldn't get the side panel back on. I think.

9. grrrr

grrrr Member

There should be heaps of room behind the SSD but the regular HDDs need the 90` bent SATA connectors.

10. supers

supers New Member

good job, thanks very much

11. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

buying this tomorrow! looks like good value! =)

12. mangomanau

mangomanau Member

I still think this case is great value.

I only build the odd system here and there for the office and friends so im not in the know... but if you can afford an extra $22 i have started to like the Thermaltake Versa H24

13. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Thread dig. Would these take a long 298mm graphics card? Looks like it might just squeeze in, but can't find specs anywhere.

14. zyn0

zyn0 Member

The case can fit my r9 290 tri x sapphire (which is apparently 305mm) so you should be fine :)

15. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Cheers! Will grab one then. Might end up butchering it later for parts so the cheap sticker price (now $35) is ideal.