Cheap Laser Engravers?

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by Raykay, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Raykay

Raykay Member

Hi guys,

I'm on the lookout for a relatively cheap (<$1000) laser engraver to do some engraving on parts.

I've had a go at one of these which my mate bought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10W-Lase...179415&hash=item5b3d75e47a:g:fwgAAOSwRJ1ZoRgH
    I'm pretty happy with how it works except that there's no option too focus for different heights.

I mainly need it for engraving anodised aluminium and occassionally SS.

I want to use this until I can afford a more industrial machine, my current workload isn't too high so I believe these will cope well.

Any suggestions?

2. Zee

Zee Member

Thread resurrection... But... Did you find anything, by chance?

Z...

3. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

A K40 from Ebay is generally the best budget option is you are willing to spend a bit of time fixing its issues. Its on my list of things to get when I move to a bigger place lol. Very big community build around these and move videos on youtube ect than you can shake a stick at (around $500) then maybe budget a couple extra hundred to fix issues ect.

As a side note, no cheap Laser will engrave metal (That I know of) . You need a fiber laser for that (or crazy high wattage if its CO2, Metal takes a lot of energy to Vaporize, is good at heat sinking and reflects light). You could use to along with etching but that's a bigger process.