Cheap & Nasty Android Tablets: Recommend your piece of c#$p!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DarkStyle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Damn. I was looking at getting a cheap 7" from DealExtreme for a carputer, but none of the cheaper ones seem to have GPS.
    I guess the PendoPad at Target is my best bet?

2. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

I bought my folks one of the 10.1 hd pendo pads and it's pretty rubbish tbh. Couldn't really recommend it at all.

3. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Damn. Not even for just running Torque, Google Maps and Waze?

4. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

It may be alright for those but the biggest problem for me was the absolutely atrocious viewing angle on the screen. You literally have to look at it straight on. 10 degrees either way and you get horrible color shifting and fading. In the end I just set it up as a kodi remote and that is all it gets used for. Surprisingly never has the wifi troubles others have experienced with pendo pads.

5. sml_nail

sml_nail Member

Looking at a couple of cheap tablets for xmas presents for the kiddies.
    Can anyone recommend a suitable 7-8 model for around $100? Would prefer 1GB ram so Android runs decently.

Besides the Lenovo Z70 is there any other tablets such as Cube, Chuwi etc which are well built, have a decent screen and run ok?

Cheers :D

6. clonex

clonex Member

these things still exists, Ainol still around? :D

7. rockofclay

rockofclay Member

Yeah, seems like the thread has died a slow death.

Anyway, I was after something cheap that supported OTG, GPS and had a decent version of cyanogen mod for use as a cheap FPV monitor. Outdoor screen visibility would help.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, You're my only hope!

8. oculi

oculi Member

Are the JBhifi lenovos any good? Put lots of fingerprints on a few, didn't seem that shit for a hundred bucks.

9. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

10. danyell

danyell Member

Keep your eyes peeled for a secondhand 2013 Nexus 7 if you're happy with that form factor. I'm still impressed at the speed and usability of mine (and I'm actually using it right now, away on a seminar... It sits idle at home with a phone, notebook, PC, htpc beating it for convenience/preference)

11. rockofclay

rockofclay Member

Good idea, nexus updates would be a bonus too. 10 inch would be better, but 7 will do.

12. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

i picked up a huawei media pad yesterday, $300 bucks expandable sd card slot with 4g, fantastic sound could only get one in gold though

13. rockofclay

rockofclay Member

No GPS, and a MTK processor which seems to always spell doom for custom roms. You'd have to be happy with stock, and I wouldn't expect updates.

14. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Screen resolution is the dealbreaker for me on those units, be bloody stupid to have a tablet with less pixels than my phone.

15. rockofclay

rockofclay Member

Where did you get that one? I see the 7 inch (T1-701u) is going for about 140 on ebay. Looks like a nice little unit.

16. mike-s

mike-s Member

I got a 7" tablet for the kids to share so I could get mine back. Both of them are under 4 and can hold and handle it quite well. I just replaced the stock launcher with cleverlock.

17. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Anyone had any experience with these Chinese Android tablets I keep seeing that are running Dual OS with Win10. Looks like they are running on Intel processors but I am unsure if they are worth trying.

I travel a little for work and having something that I can have both Android and Win10 on for Movies/TV watching as well as firing up Steam in Offline Mode would be pretty handy.

18. clonex

clonex Member

any cheap tablets with hdmi output so can plug into tv, one of the tv's (hisense) supports streaming off device but appears hit and miss at times

19. doug81

doug81 Member

Xiaomi mipad 2 looks like a decent tablet, but I've had so much hit and miss on android tablets (Ainol 9 Spark was the best, but just couldn't get into it, even with the custom ROM's) - I love the asus T100TA as it's a very nice tablet/netbook combo (but windows, so not really for this thread I guess...)

20. clonex

clonex Member

Has to be android as already using freedome to get around geoblocking, then using a android app that a tv-stations back home has on google store to watch childrens programs e.g local playschool equivalent