1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap & Nasty Android Tablets: Recommend your piece of c#$p!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DarkStyle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. xHardz

xHardz Member

Thinking of picking one of these up to have a bit of a play with, anyone else have/used one? They seem to be fairly popular and most people seem pretty happy with them.

2. clonex

clonex Member

Is the 4.03 aurora same as the 4.0 as there is about $20 price difference? custom roms available?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

4. slobber

slobber Member

5. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

Will do .
    Shipping is free :)

6. slobber

slobber Member

Thanks for that, just ordered one for a mate

For ~ $100 (cover, stand etc) even if it is crap its not like it will break the bank

7. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

Yeah thats what I figured . I got a Lenovo A1 for my son (I still think tablets are toys) which works well enough and this tablet is for a mates son who's birthday is coming up . This is much better specced than the Lenovo although no GPS for the mcbub but apparently skype actually works on the Mcbub .
    Anyway heres a fairly active thread on the Mcbub that you may or may not find usefull .
    http://slickdeals.net/f/4746264-7-T...pports-Google-Play-Market-Free-Shipping-69-99
    I will be upset if you get yours before me ...

8. slobber

slobber Member

Haha I'll let you know when it arrives ;)

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

10. clonex

clonex Member

got my ainol in the mail, there seems to be no facebook, google search, google maps or chrome available on google play :(

11. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

Avoid the cheap nasty 7" E-pads from Groupon/scoupon/spreets etc deals. Usually 80-100 bucks )

They take for every to boot up/restart.
    Touch Screen is majorly bad, lags and doesnt respond well
    Battery sucks
    Charger design sucks and is prone to damage easily.

12. Falcon

Falcon Member

13. RAtSAcK

RAtSAcK Member

What's the touch screen like on the Ainol's? I really want a half decent tablet that I don't need a stylus for and only need to touch gently instead of feeling like I need a hammer with every touch. Anything around 1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM would probably be fine.

14. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

It's great. Don't try and do too much on it at once, sometimes need to enlarge to click buttons on the screen ie last post button. I really like mine for what it is.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  15. Falcon

Falcon Member

I mainly got ours for my Wife/Son, although so far my 3 year old son is using it most.
    he certainly has no problems with the screens responses to his impatient fingers.

16. RAtSAcK

RAtSAcK Member

What's the best model to go for? I thought being a dual core 1.5GHz, it should handle it?

EDIT: Think I'll get the Ainol Elf II and a case with the USB keyboard in it. Was going to get a netbook anyway but this is cheaper and will do just as much. Should be lighter too. :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  17. Falcon

Falcon Member

Aurora got knocked off the coffee table onto the carpet.
    screen came off and has a stuffed display :thumbdn:

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

19. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

The $69 Mcbub tablet I ordered arrived last week . Dual core 7" wifi .
    Boots faster than either my Desire phone or my Lenovo A1 tablet but possibly thats because it's running ICS not Gingerbread . I would actually say it boots quickly .
    Capacitive touch screen is good not great , ie not always as reponsive as the Lenovo pad or desire but 1000X better than any resistive pad I've used . Playing games etc is fine it's just not super slick like higher end units .
    Battery sucks ... That I'll agree with . I got 2 hours off the first charge watching divx files streamed over wifi . I highly doubt that it will still hold 2 hours charge in 6 months time , Thats the most obvious trade off you pay for going bargain basement . The other is no AMOLED but the screen on this is not that bad but every tablet on the market costing 3 times as much would be better .
    No idea about the charger I can't remember seeing one in the packaging . I just charge it overnight via the USB cable . It's charge rate is woefull as well but maybe because I never bother with proper charges .
    It's for a friends kid who spends 1.5hrs a day driving in and out of town each day so it will be perfect for keeping his child amused to and from in the car .

20. RAtSAcK

RAtSAcK Member

Finally ordered an Elf II. Got sent today so can't wait for it to arrive so I can test it out. Specs look just as good as my SGSII so hopefully it feels just as fast. :D