1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap & Nasty Android Tablets: Recommend your piece of c#$p!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DarkStyle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mike-s

mike-s Member

Reading that I'm slightly regretting the Dell Streak at the moment. Then again I did get it for it's 3G capability too,and before i heard of how cheap the newest generation of samsung 7 inch tablets were. So some, but not a massive quantity of regret...

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

3. JabTronic

JabTronic Member

Did you see the Youtube video for that tablet, it looks a little bit sped up :D

4. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

Was told by spemall mine would be sent this week, my account is yet to show a dispatch date....

I honestly dont think anyone speaking english knows...... :wired:

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah probably to create the illusion of speed and no lag ; )

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

7. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

Pretty comparable specs and price to the Rectal as well...

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I just can't believe how many different brands are on the market these days...just crazy.

9. Sankari

Sankari Member

Wow! It's a chunky little bastard, but the specs look good. Running JB out of the box, too!

:wired:

10. JabTronic

JabTronic Member

There are a couple of comparisons between the Pipo U1 and the Ainol Novo 7 Fire already, looks like the Pipo comes out slightly ahead, main drawback though is no HDMI port on the Pipo.

EDIT: Received an email from Buyincoins tonight saying the Ainol has been posted, I was about to cancel the order and order the Pipo instead. Oh well they're practically the same.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  11. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

Not far off doing the same with my purchase from spemall. Ill give them till Tuesday, and if I have no tracking number Ill pick this one up :)

12. akoli

akoli Member

Ainol Fire

Just ordered one of the fires then reading it back realised the name doesnt seem to translate well to the western market ..... just searching the forum for likeminded people who have the same device...just want it for movie viewing and the odd pdf mag... cant complain for $150 delivered (if it gets damaged by over eager tram passengers that feel the need to push off before you get to flinders beliveing that 90% of the commuters are not wishing to get off at the same station).... couldnt justify a nexus as the ommision of the SD expansion is a killer for me.... given that movies are now creeping up to 2gb a pop and the hardware has the ability to play them without converting them ...

Just doesnt seem to be many places to get cases for the Fire... hopefully the transfer rates are quicker than the Galaxy Nexus thats bordering on 1st Gen flash drives 5mbs.

13. OnGsTa

OnGsTa Member

I probably missed it, but the flame takes MicroSD right? Have a 16GB card sitting here doing nothing..

14. akoli

akoli Member

It does indeed.... up to 32gb but some have reported that 64gb works brand dependent.... who would think something so small would make such a difference to peoples decisions.

I have a 32gb from my old SG2 so that will slot in nicely. Although not for a few weeks I wouldnt think before my goods get delivered.

15. clonex

clonex Member

does ainol actively do firmware updates on these? website?

16. akoli

akoli Member

From the various info I can gather, they do updates and its sold as Jelly bean to follow soon ... but will likely have better luck with XDA forum developers... they have jelly bean running already albeit far far far from perfect. CM10 runs on the aurora so it wont be long till its ported/tweaked for the fire/flame/burning or whatever they want to call it...

The thing that interested me most after purchasing is it is a video I saw on youtube where it comes preinstalled with its own chninese version of the play store and he basically states that majority of the paid content is free so unsure of the legality of that part but will let me try out some games that I wouldnt normally look at ... 15 minute window in the play store is nowhere near enough time.

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

18. kha-khees

kha-khees Member

I'd jump on that if it had bluetooth.

But then i'd have already bought the nexus 7 if it had an expansion slot!

Or maybe even the new samsung stylus equipped tablet if it had a better res!

They're always 1 thing short of what I want :(

19. akoli

akoli Member

Ainol Fire

From what I have been told the Ainol Fires are out of stock everywhere and next shipment is expected around 15th September so hopefully have one by the first week of october.... assuming they catch up with their shortage of IPS panels.

20. datfreak

datfreak Member

Sorry if I missed a previous post but is there something alike the Ainol flame that has 3g(or 4g) builtin? Didn't want to spend $150 on the tablet and 100-140 on a dongle..it makes the dongle very poor value in comparision.