1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap RC brushed ESCs not working

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by tin, Jan 26, 2018.

1. tin

tin Member

So I bought these cheap Chinese brushed ESCs from eBay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1pcs-Sy...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Problem is they came with no documentation, and I can't figure them out.... So far I've determined that they can power my receiver just fine, and that if I switch the little switch on the board, the LED changes from solid to flickering really fast. That's about all I've worked out.

I get no response at all whether I switch it on with full, half or zero throttle. I've tried inverting the channel. I just can't get any sort of response from them.

Anyone used these little red ESCs before? Anyone got any documentation for them?

2. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Your going to struggle with instructions, unless you spam the stalkbook RC pages, and your lucky enough to find some one who has worked it out;)

Did a quick search.......and found nothing, so best I can offer is, the 3 wire plug goes into channel 2 with the black wire on the outside.......fuck all help I know

Chinese RC stuff is grouse, until you need the instructions, I did the same with a couple of light kits, the chinglish was unreadable:lol: , just lots of trial and error till it worked:leet:

Edit:

These are the instructions for a similar looking ESC, might work or might not :)

Hold full throttle on transmitter before ESC arms

ESC will beep and begin flashing red rapidly to indicate storage of full forward throttle position

Hold full reverse on transmitter until beeping changes

ESC will beep rapidly with no lights to indicate storage of full reverse throttle position

Position throttle in neutral position, adjust throttle trim until all lights go out

After about two seconds, ESC will store neutral position

Once calibration is complete, ESC will arm

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    tin

tin Member

Pretty sure I've tried that high, low centre thing. I'm not getting any signs of response - no "beeps", no change in LED.
    I'm going to give up on them, order some branded ones and get on with life... Maybe one day I'll try them again and learn their secrets.

B.D.R likes this.
  4. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

What car is it for?

5. OP
    OP
    tin

tin Member

Was actually going in a fairly basic boat I was given. The all-in-one receiver circuit (with relays to control the motors) blew out the magic smoke, and having never seen it run, I don't know if it's worth spending real money, thus the Chinese option.

B.D.R likes this.
  6. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Ahh there is your problem, if it is an all in one jigga, this thing will never work with it, it has no receiver part.

That the problem with cheap rc thing, the integrated electrics :(

7. OP
    OP
    tin

tin Member

Oh, no... I've got a FlySky transmitter and receiver. I've only been playing with it outside of the boat so far. Hooked up to a spare motor (which does work fine hooked direct to a battery/power supply).

B.D.R likes this.