1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by mcrow5, Mar 10, 2008.

1. orgone500

orgone500 Member

I received a "Chinese" xbox hdd today. The drive is DOA. Not detected at all. Opened the caddy to find its a "recertified" mdtglobal drive, so just a warning for others. I'm now buying a second hand original xbox hard drive to scab the drive to go in the caddie.

2. vespas

vespas Member

i havent used my xbox360 for years. i bought some games from ebgames and they wont ply, kit tells me i need to update to a newer version, so i need to find a new machine, where can i get one cheap (with hdmi) what is the going price.

3. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1009771

Welcome to the club:thumbup:

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Umm.. unless you are trying to use an old Xbox *non 360* (which you said you weren't) I'm pretty sure what it's telling you to do is upgrade the SOFTWARE. Not upgrade the whole console. Find a Ethernet cable, plug it into your modem let it upgrade and I bet you anything it'll magically play all those new games you purchased ;)

my 360 is one of those old white arcade ones which I purchased about 3years ago now and I can still play all the latest games on it without a problem. I admit I havn't upgraded the sofware on it for over a year or so now but most games if they are anything like the PSP will have the new upgraded software on the disc ready for you to install.... if not as I said give it some net and let it do it's own thing

5. akoli

akoli Member

Dashboard needs updated to the new one had the same issue when I got a kinect for the kids You can update via USB if console doesnt have live/net access... Found this out as I couldn't be f'd moving my console to the other room to access my router and noted that Microsoft offers the dashboard updates via usb or a burnable cd image ...extract it to root of your usb switch on and it does the rest.

6. vespas

vespas Member

i only wanted to play gta4 and splintered cell convictions and discovered the updates is on the game disk itself.

7. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Hi,

Trying to find an Xbox to buy atm.

Every single store has these silly bundles though, and I can't seem to find a store that will just sell the Xbox 360 S with more than 4GB HDD not in a bundle! It's crazy. All I want is the console not fable or halo!

So, I seem to be left with one option; Buy a 4gb console and upgrade the hdd? Can anybody tell me if it's difficult to upgrade the S console hard drives?

Cheers,

8. levinet

levinet Member

Replacing the hard drive is super easy. Plenty available on eBay for cheap.

9. ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

Big W have the 4GB for $228 at the moment which is pretty cheap even if it is bundled with a super crappy game.

As for upgrading, I would NEVER trust eBay even on the best day and why would you bother when ozgameshop (reputable according to dozens of posters here) sell the 250GB HDD for $69 delivered?

10. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Cheers guys,

I bought a 4gb Console with a crappy rugby game and will upgrade the HDD later. :D thnx

11. almotions

almotions Member

after christmas harvey norman had 4gb slims for $168 not sure whether this still is the case but...

12. ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

$158, I bought mine from them at that time and no, the sale isn't on anymore.

13. neopheX

neopheX Member

Just picked mine up this morning from BigW $220 with burnout paradise 4gb slim. Pretty cheap was the cheapest i could find in retail stores anyway.

Just wish i knew how to use my damn 30 days free gold live trial! but I made a thread for that already so wont go too off-topic on that one here.

Im going to have to buy a 320gb Western Digital Blue Scorpio 7200rpm hard drive and just use that hacker tool for it. as there is no HDD inside it physically lol.. and M$ are dreaming if im going to pay them for a hard drive

14. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I got mine over xmas, and flashed a WD HDD.. works like a dream

Ordered a case for the HDD off ebay for I think $2 inc delivery

What's the cheapest 4gb slim going atm? I've got a mate looking for one.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  15. neopheX

neopheX Member

read up you will see

16. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get a Star Wars Xbox 360 is?
    My flat mate is moving out and taking his xbox with him, so i want my new Xbox to look like R2D2!

17. akoli

akoli Member

OUCH $547 from everywhere seems for now might get them to throw in a couple of extra filler games to sweeten the deal......seeing as it comes with White Kinect and Gold Controller Plus 320gb hard disc...

Why dont they design the kinect to be like Darth Maul Or Vader seeing as the virgin white colour will look out of place on a standard black tv..

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

For that price i dont think i can justify it.
    Would LOVE an R2D2 xbox but for $550 its too much :(

They will all probably sell out really quickly, so i doubt the price will come down at all :upset:

19. 3stars

3stars Member

got 320gb MW3 one at DSE firesale for 299 gonna sell the game on eslay so get a little back

20. Dilbery

Dilbery Member