1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

cherry coke - getting sold in canberra woolworths

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Madengineer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Not really sure where this should go. But Woolworths is selling cherry coke zero. Gone trough 3 bottles of it so far. Unfortunately I can't remember what the original tasted like. But oh well.

It's only a limited time thing, so get it while you can. So far I've seen it in 3 Woolworth stores around Canberra :)

Good luck getting some of this brilliant liquid!

2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yea I nearly fell off my chair when my cousin posted a photo of it on her Facebook page. She said that Safeway (which is apparantly woolworths??) were selling it in Geelong VIC. I'm gonna go to my local supermarket in Tasmania and hope I can get my hands on some of the stuff ^_^ fingers crossed they have it in Tas too :D

3. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

It was in a recent catalogue so I assume it will be in quite a few stores.

I grabbed a couple of slabs of regular Cherry Coke for $15 a slab a while back at Costco so I'm still good for a while. :)

4. GrueHunter

GrueHunter Member

It's bloody awful - and I love cherry.

There's good cherry - like Kool Aid - and there's bad cherry - which tastes more or less exactly like somebody dosed your Coke with almond extract.

Yes, I know they have benzaldehyde in common, and I regularly use a dash of almond extract to heighten natural cherry flavours (for example, in the warm cherry sauce for Danish rice pudding), but this just tastes wrong - more like marzipan cola.

Make your own cherry syrup by dissolving a pack of cherry Kool Aid in a bottle of corn syrup, then top that with Coke. (Or add it to Sprite with a couple of squeezed lime wedges and lots of ice for a Sonic's Cherry Limeade clone.)

5. The Wolf

The Wolf Member

It is in SA as well.
    It isn't great. The cherry flavour does not last long enough in the pallette, and it is not strong enough either.

6. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

yeah cherry coke zero has been on the shelves in woolies in wa since before christmas.

it's fucking horrendous and this is coming from someone who loves dr pepper, especially cherry doctor pepper.

7. antenna

antenna Member

Picked one up in Adelaide yesterday. Amazing. If I buy enough maybe they'll keep it going. :tongue:

It does taste like marzipan but no complaints from me.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

like cherry coke before it, coke zero with cherry will fail....even though i liked the original cos i hate coke zero!

9. fiberoptic

fiberoptic (Taking a Break)

Oh man, Dr Pepper is like holy water to me.. precious precious Dr Pepper.

Love the cherry one too. Religiously buy it when I head into the city, where there's one convenience store in particular that has everything.. Dr Pepper, Cherry Dr Pepper, Cherry Coke, Cherry Pepsi etc etc

Haven't had the Cherry Coke or Pepsi yet but I'd drink the Cherry Coke even if it was a poor man's cherry flavour lol. I have a sick and twisted taste for artificial flavouring rubbish ahaha

When out drinking, I ALWAYS get an Amaretto and coke. Alcoholic Dr Pepper ftw. and yeah it's weird considering Amaretto is almond liqueur lol :weirdo:

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

dr. pepper is the SHIT/BOMB/MAN!!!!

11. fiberoptic

Got two bottles today. First time I've had Cherry Coke..

Fucking love it.

:leet:

I pray to all the monkey gods out there that they keep this line.. why are all the best things 'limited time only' :(

12. wOOt

wOOt (Banned or Deleted)

Just got my self a few bottles today from woolies, its not bad no where near as good as dr pepper cherry.

13. fiberoptic

But they aren't cheap.. I regularly get Dr Pepper cans from a convenience store in the city, which also has Cherry Coke / Cherry Pepsi / Cherry Dr Pepper.. but it's like $2+ for a can.

The 1.25 litre bottles of Cherry Coke Zero at woolies were like $5 for two, iirc (lost the receipt). Heaps cheaper and more convenient considering they're in all Woolworths at the mo.

:thumbup:

14. wOOt

wOOt (Banned or Deleted)

yea bought a can in the afternoon at the local korean mart cost me 2$ for the bloody thing but was well worth it.

15. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

The gf bought some limited ed. Cherry coke zero from a BP servo here in qld.. Doesnt taste as nice as normal cherry coke, more like cough syrup but I don't mind it :p.

16. sanjay

sanjay Member

as a huge doctor pepper fan, i am very happy that this product has become available. between me and my housemate we have been buying it wherever we see it (which is usually whenever either of us are in a shopping centre with a woolies).

sadface that it'll be limited time only, though. :(

17. fiberoptic

Yeah man, that's the one! lol that's what they're selling at Woolworths as a limited time only (BP is owned by Woolies now hence they carry the same product lines). :)

If we buy as much as humanly possible.. they MIGHT just realise the sales potential and keep it forever!! lol As if any of us need further incentive to buy more..

18. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

https://www.coca-cola.com.au/contactus.jsp

Leave feedback as a product issue!! 'Limited time only' lol

19. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

since when?

20. fiberoptic

lol I got it mixed up, sorry! I got BP confused with Caltex :tongue: In fact I got it totally mixed up. Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't realise til you quoted :weirdo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltex_Woolworths

Ignore me :p