1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Chia Specific

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Slug69, Apr 6, 2021.

1. AERO

AERO Member

just using maxmax on both pc's to replace the plots i had, hopefully my 3400 ryzen can keep up :)

2. Jaco

Jaco Member

So I've got no idea what this is all about, my 'farmer netspace' loves to fluctuate wildly, this is via my generated 'login link' --- not sure what the deal is with that

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 6.47.21 pm.png

3. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

How much network does the process chew up?

4. Yehat

Yehat Member

5. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Same for mine. Dunno how it shows more than my netspace.

6. xeghia

xeghia Member

I've discovered a bug or something using the standard gui, 3 times I set up 3 simultaneous plots, all 3 times only 2 show up properly with the pool key/hash and one with the personal key/hash. The last time I triple checked when creating the plots thinking I was going crazy and missed adding the pool when creating the plot, but no.

I guess also knowing others are doing 30-50 minute plots using madmax is frustrating as well, I think it is a little better than it used to be but it still takes like 6 hours per plot under windows with the standard client. I just need to spend the time getting set up properly really, especially now I have to replot everything all over.

Anyone seen a good guide for running madmax under Windows? or Ubuntu?

7. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

The stock plotter is dead in the water compared to madmax. It's not too hard, I got Windows and CentOS working in under an hour I think. For Windows I followed this video:

and for CentOS I followed the instructions on github (scroll down and expand your distro): https://github.com/madMAx43v3r/chia-plotter

Probably do Windows first as it's easier to then know your addresses and stuff to enter into the Linux cmdline.

xeghia and Slug69 like this.
  8. Jaco

Jaco Member

So I looked around and saw some other people with my similar issue but on other pools (the fluctuation of their own netspace)

Screenshot_20210712-003841_Facebook~01.jpg

9. xeghia

xeghia Member

Thanks Agg, not as hard as I thought after all, should have got straight on it.

I also found the 'bug' mentioned above was fixed by restarting the gui. Even though the plots had finished hours ago, restarting the gui client made them appear on restart under the pool tab.

Currently waiting on the normal plotter to finish the last 2 before firing up madmax, should be interesting.

Agg likes this.
  10. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

For Madhatter I just modified the plot with log cmd file as per below. Plots complete in ~80 minutes on my Ryzen 1600, 16GB 2666, B350MB, SiliconPower 1TB NVMe and ~60 minutes on my Ryzen 3600, 16GB 3600, B450MB, SiliconPower 1TB NVMe.

chia_plot.exe -n 12 -r 12 -u 256 -w -t D:\Chia\Temp1\ -d T:\PoolPlots\ -c YourPoolContractAddress -f YourPublicFarmKey

-n = number of plots you want to create
    -r = number of threads (I have a Ryzen 1600 and 3600 so did 12 threads)
    -u = buckets (I left as default)
    -w = wait until final plot is copied to the destination before starting the next plot
    -t = temp location. (you can have a second temp location with -2 needs 110GiB free, fast storage or RAM drive, is about 75% of the writes)
    -d = final plot destination

11. xeghia

xeghia Member

I'm currently running the first one as a test with defaults and 12 threads to see if it comes out valid, at a guess I'd say about 60 minutes on my 2600 / 970 EVO plus

Not much RAM used, seems to be doing 600-900MB/s when I glance every so often, CPU is mostly utilised.

Is anyone doing them side by side or just treating this as a fast serial plotter?

edit: Total plot creation time was 4815.94 sec (80.2657 min) - better than 6 hours anyway.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  12. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Single for me. Super fast enough!

13. Jaco

Jaco Member

Send all threads and whatnot to it, single at a time - more than one machine

Good combo

14. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

upload_2021-7-13_8-55-26.png
    Hmm, decayed off pretty rapidly.

15. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

I am using the PSChiaPlotter and the replot feature it has is working a treat. I love how when setting up the replot it tells you exactly how many old plots it has on the drive location so you can build your worker run to match the amount of plots.

Can easily replot 4TB a day.

PS: I have purchased back the two coins I sold earlier this year! Very happy as I am believing in this coin and the Pools are working the way they should.

The Backblaze story is excellent because it confirms what the creators of Chia stated at the outset - diminishing returns eventually will see big online storage providers question whether it is worth the hassle - certainly profitable but not as big so always questioning whether it is worth it. Most people here are asking the same question too given how few rewards. Again what they wanted to have was a truly diversified base and there are many sub 2TB farmers out there who have won coins to those people the profits are astronomical. The pools solidifies their plans.

Now we just wait for Elon to say "Chia looks interesting."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  16. Jaco

Jaco Member

maxiorewards.JPG

With the pools netspace going up the rewards are going down to share between more people aha

17. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I think the spike in rewards is related to a Pool Find. I've noticed that the past couple of days.

If you look at the pool here - https://miningpoolstats.stream/chia - you see the "last found" was 24 hours ago.

18. AERO

AERO Member

Yea you only get big rewards when someone finds a coin.

19. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

1.2.1 has been released

20. Jaco

Jaco Member

Definitely going to have to update to that one, that refreshing plots and not having it work correctly anymore is a nuisance