1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Chia Specific

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Slug69, Apr 6, 2021.

1. akashra

akashra Member

Why? More users just means a higher chance to win. Rewards should remain roughly static. In fact in theory, the earn rate for all pools should be nearly identical regardless of the size of that pool.

2. illdrift

illdrift Member

The $300 optane drive I ordered arrived, only for me to figure out that u.2 ssd's seem to only connect to bare pcie lanes. Had to wait for an adapter card

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Madmax plot in a vm with 10 cores and 84GB ram cache seemed to take about 53 mins. Will have to play around a bit more to find something I can set and forget for another month :p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  3. AERO

AERO Member

that plot is only 25 seconds faster than mine, and im usin nothin special :) and plotting with 6 thrads using the madmax plotter (think this plotter uses all regardless) dunno, with a wd nvme thats at 84% health and copied to an old toshiba 3tb sata drive :)

have found ive replaced nearly all my 107 plots so fast this time round. (im not investing any money really into this other than the 2x 4tb external drives) as i havnt recieved anything yet in the time ive been doing it. (least with pools ill get $3 worth of coin every couple of days lol./

4. Jaco

Jaco Member

I'm at about 170 plots at the minute with more still copying over that're done already - and yea my payments so far have translated to $3 per day

Hopefully once all are up and running this may increase to cover electrical at least lol - solo mining sure didn't

5. AERO

AERO Member

haha, yea, lucky both my pc are mining eth so that covers it anyway.

6. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

Which Pool are you working with? I am trying a German one that offered lifetime fee freeze if you plot 1000 plots or more by AUG 20. IE have more than 1000 plots with them on that deadline. It is going to be tough to replot by then but is doable if few interruptions.

Their terms for payout after answering my email as follows:

Collection/accumulation of rewards 10:00am their time and converted into a balance regarding the internal relationship of committed points.

Payments are created three times a day. Payments are submitted continously. Thus if the pool grown enough in the next weeks we will probably receive XCH once a day.

Payout threshold is 0.001 XCH.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  7. Jaco

Jaco Member

MaxioPool, the Australian one I linked a few posts back

If members joined before July 15th and farm for 7 days consecutively they get 0% fees - and they're Pay-Per-Share also

Slug69 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

Any of you guys using the English (Australian) settings on the Chia GUI?

It's pretty racist. Thinks we are all alcoholics.

9. Jaco

Jaco Member

LOL! beer money!

10. toopy28

toopy28 Member

11. Jaco

Jaco Member

Back down to 34 minutes per and hardly anymore SSD wear-out, now I can process all of the replotting much easier second time round with two systems doing RAMdisk-based creation

Code:
    Phase 4 took 95.6311 sec, final plot size is 108836056181 bytes
    Total plot creation time was 2050.52 sec (34.1754 min)

royalwithcheese2.JPG

Now the 3900X is the bottleneck :Paranoid:

303-Acid and illdrift like this.
  12. AERO

AERO Member

Got my first payout today. Good to see. It’s only $3 or $4 worth but somethings better than 0 :)

13. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

I'm HODL solo mining. I'm staying well ahead of network growth for now but it will be interesting to see how it goes over the next few months...

14. Jaco

Jaco Member

You can run Chia-Forks simultaniously too with the same private-key login and adding the plots too, get some extra coins while you're at it for different stuff

I've only made about 4 XFX (Flax) so far out of running Chia/Flax/SPARE , whilst my overall size is decreasing while I replot everything

Jag_Guy likes this.
  15. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Same, 11.1 mXCH ~$3.2AUD Currently at 119 NFT plots

What are the specs of your systems?

I don't think I have anything capable of 128GB of RAM, not my Ryzen 1600 or 3600, besides the cost of DDR4 to suit anyway. I've been thinking of getting a used server for a second home/work lab, so may try and spec something that can Plot too. But in saying that I'll probably fill up my existing storage in a week or so as it is. Might be a good idea to plan ahead for when/if storage prices drop.

16. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

How many TB of plots do you have?

17. Jaco

Jaco Member

My 'PLAY' rig in my signature is one of them,

secondary is a loaner from work -
    E5-1650v2 / 128GB DDR3 ECC (/temp2 "primary") / Supermicro X9SRi / 4x 500G Crucial SSDs (temp1 "secondary") then just swapping disks in and out as they fill up

It should be about 60-65 plots a day based on finish times for each (34min~ & 55-60min)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    303-Acid likes this.
  18. AERO

AERO Member

think ive got about 90 plots, doing the last 28 on my main pc, and my second pc is plotting alot slower

19. Jaco

Jaco Member

Kicking myself for not looking into Ram disks when I started, as they're faster than NVME and don't wear out - so you get better bang for the buck. My 980 Pro I bought a few pages back here is already up to 600TB writes, $300 more then the cost of that and I've got a ram kit which I don't have to worry about

If you can do it, do it - but yeah. Even an old server that can take a heap of ram would still be beneficial over chewing through SSDs

20. AERO

AERO Member

That’s why I don’t really plan on expanding operations. I like the two nvme ssd I got amd hell if I’m going to use my 980 eco to plot with. Cost enough to get it.