Chia Specific

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Slug69, Apr 6, 2021.

1. r3s

r3s Member

i think its an issue if the network drive drops for a bit, it then doesnt recover, i have to delete the config and then readd all the plot directories which is a PITA, hopefully when i migrate them all onto the 1 system it might not have the issue, but its a lot of work to then still not be stable, fingers crossed :/

2. rireland

rireland Member

Could the drives timeout/sleep setting be causing issues?

3. r3s

r3s Member

I have every drive on every machine set to never sleep .

4. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Finally reached 1 XCH in earnings. Still no wins.

Slug69 likes this.
  5. r3s

r3s Member

me to, 1.07xch....... no blocks since i started in april, solo or pool.

I still have 10 solo plots, that the ultimate lottery right there if i ever hit a solo block lol.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Slug69 likes this.
  6. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I'm back plotting again. Got a synology with disk from here 2x3TB 1x4TB and added an additional 3TB.

Anyone want 36TB in a 12 bay NAS for $600? I was tempted - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224656842708

7. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

Has anyone seen any software yet that will monitor Chia plotters/harvesters and send alerts if they go offline? Like r3s mentioned earlier in the thread, monitoring for them to only find they’ve gone offline 6hrs+ ago is getting a bit tedious.

8. rireland

rireland Member

my pool can notify if a worker goes down.

9. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

Yep I should have looked first, Flexpool will give a notification when a worker is down. I think I’ll get my smart switches setup to auto trigger if I get the notification. Would be nice if there was some sort of customisation incase a HDD drops off or something.

Surprised nobody has come up with a HiveOS or something similar, but I gather that they hype has kinda died off with Chia. If it went much lower I think it will be in danger of people just switching off and selling…but hopefully it doesn’t get that way. A lot of OCAU’ers got in early, so I hope that it pays off for us all!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Slug69 and r3s like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

400,000 nodes.

It is faster than ETH to transact on.

Uses 99% less power than BTC and ETH.

Maybe if Agg makes buy and sell section only in XCH?

11. Snoops

Snoops Member

If we priced GPU's in XCH they would finally go down in price!

Slug69 likes this.
  12. r3s

r3s Member

Just hit 1000 plots, still not a single block found since april lol.

Slug69 likes this.
  13. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Ugh. Had a power surge this evening tripping a safety switch. Two issues resulted. Firstly I smelled magic smoke and have found one of my microserver PSU's has died, which is a NAS for my plots. I have tested with a spare full size PSU and it does power up so need to source a replacement. Secondly the Chia GUI wouldn't connect, had 127.0.0.1:8444 refused connection in the log. Eventually renamed the blockchain db and it's now working, but has to sync from scratch.

14. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

Ugh. We have had a few close lightning strikes recently and it's only because I was home that I powered everything down long before hand. It's something I have become more and more fearful about now that I am mining and farming.

15. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Checking back in...

I got lucky early in the piece and scored 2XCH and sold one for ~$1000, covering all costs (well, new purchases) ,so happy days.

Now sitting here with a bunch of non-poolable plots (but they have been associated with HPOOL) on external HDD and trying to work out whether it's worth replotting.

Are you guys seening a worthwihle return on pooled plots at current XCH:AUD? Feels like it's pretty thin margin.

16. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

At the current exchange rate it's borderline, will take a while for roi. I am getting roughly 0.02 xch per day on 750 plots. Which varies depending on the pools block wins.

Andres likes this.
  17. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Probably a good idea to backup your blockchain DB every now and then. "C:\Users\User\.chia\mainnet\db\blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite" Currently it's 27GB in size and took me a couple of days to sync from scratch after corrupting due to a power outage!

I'm finally back online after a 36hour power outage that interrupted my resync, luckily the newly syncing DB didn't corrupt from the second power outage.

Edit: Getting a very high amount of stales now for some reason. :(

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  18. r3s

r3s Member

I was getting 5% stales the other day and was getting concerned but today its back to 1% and spacepool says anything under 2% is fine so not too fussed.

19. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Mine was extremely high there for a while, seems to have calmed down now. Ping to the server was fine, speedtest was fine, nothing out of the ordinary in my network traffic. Might have been something it was doing after resyncing. Who knows. Now to source a replacement PSU for my microserver to get those plots back online.

chia_stale.png

20. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Explanation of the stales - https://www.reddit.com/r/chia/comments/qjwyhd/update_from_chia_network_on_the_dust_storm/