1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Chia Specific

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Slug69, Apr 6, 2021.

1. xeghia

xeghia Member

darknebula and Slug69 like this.
  2. r3s

r3s Member

Hit a 3rd block today @ 5XCH on pool plots so ahead of the curve so far.

3. Snoops

Snoops Member

They seem to come in groups for me....
    Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 5.31.29 pm.png

r3s likes this.
  4. Jaco

Jaco Member

There used to be a pattern for me with two per month but its since dropped off, even though the netspace is down -- nearly at 24 XCH pooling

xch blocks.JPG

r3s likes this.
  5. r3s

r3s Member

I'm still dreading doing the upgrade lol, its been working fine for ages now im scared to touch it....

6. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Leave it be for a while. I'm haven't upgraded to 1.3 yet.

7. r3s

r3s Member

Problem with leaving it til it HAS to be done is it will happen at the worst time then i will be done production for what could be a long time.

8. darknebula

darknebula Member

So I’m plotting again.. picked up 80TB @ $16/TB

Slug69, Jaco and r3s like this.
  9. Jaco

Jaco Member

Couple of smaller farmers I had running have looked to drop off over the past 2 days, v1 DB is up over 92GB now and all their OS drives have run out of room once again

Definitely worth the conversion at this stage, will have to run through these

10. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I just installed 1.3.3 and also updated my DB. It took about 5 hours or so to upgrade! Longest part was step 4/5 coin_store ~140,000k coins 11515 seconds. Ryzen 1600, 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 EVO SATA. Very much disk intensive, barely any CPU/RAM usage. DB down from 96GB to 52GB.

So maybe if you haven't upgraded it might be worth doing sooner than later. Firstly to save disk space, secondly to save time in performing the upgrade.

Code:
    [1/5] converting full_blocks
          1200.11 seconds
    [2/5] converting sub_epoch_segments_v3
          59.44 seconds
    [3/5] converting hint_store
          31.79 seconds
    [4/5] converting coin_store
          11515.07 seconds
    [5/5] build indices
          block store
          coin store
          hint store
          2104.55 seconds

11. r3s

r3s Member

I put a 1tb ssd in to not have to deal witg the capacity issue for as long as possible lol

12. rireland

rireland Member

waiting for a button to show up, is this hard to do or something? having a poke around I see a 10gb v1 wallet file that hasn't been modified for a month along side some tiny v2 files, can this be deleted?

13. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

Has anyone seen an issue with your harvester suddenly going offline then your space slowly increases (see attached screenshot). I have done all the usual resets and even tried different routers. There’s two systems, one on Unbutu and the other windows, but they both have the same problems.

Attached Files:

14. illdrift

illdrift Member

Isn't your effective space crashing when your harvester stops? Then when it starts working, the pool slowly increases in difficulty/valid partials being submitted

I'd say check your log file, it should say if your setup is having trouble accessing your plots in time (ideally < 5 seconds)

15. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

I believe green line is avg, blue lines are instantaneous, well, close to it. I’m thinking of trying Flexfarmer, but it’s really weird. It used to be fine and recently started it. I’m trying to think of what network/hardware changes I’ve made to see what it is but not luck. I even ran through a separate 4G router and still have the same issue, but it’s really buzz we that both and Unbutu and Windows PC are doing it, even when on separate routers and internet connections.

16. illdrift

illdrift Member

Sounds like it's hardware related rather than software/routing.

[​IMG]

If your logs show stuff like this, where it struggles to read the plots in time, you'll see issues with points and effective space on the pool you joined

17. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

Ok cheers, I dunno why I haven’t looked at logs yet. Will do later today and see how I go.

18. Jaco

Jaco Member

If you do a 'chia db upgrade' it tells you what files can be deleted afterwards, but this is through Windows I don't know how other OS's go, assume the same?

It's not a button though, it's command line

19. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

Looking like if you have a hundred TB you will gain XCH more than you would if you were in a Pool. I have won two blocks for the pool that I am in and I would be ahead by 1 XCH if I wasn't in the pool. Anyone else worked out what the Solo break even line is compared to Pools?

20. Jag_Guy

Jag_Guy Member

I have a bit over 300TB and it's pretty much borderline. I think it gets more skewed the less space you have, and you only need to 'luck out' a few times to totally skew the results. Having said that I'm sure there's a point where you wouldn't pool either, maybe at 500TB or more to the point when your estimated time to win is <10 days or so?