Chimei 22"

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by spikes, Dec 21, 2006.

1. spikes

spikes Member

Who's got one? what is it like, you like it or not?

I heard that the stand was a bit flimsy

2. Andrew357

Andrew357 Member

I've got one and i have had no problems with it at all.

Build quality is fine, i have not had any problems @ all.

3. Manol

Manol Member

Build Quality is fantastic, so is image quality.

My only gripe is that you cant change the height of the screen.

4. OP
    OP
    spikes

spikes Member

sounds great then, might have to get myself one for christmas :D

5. BurntToast

BurntToast Member

Hehe, I just did the same thing :D

6. Lespom

Lespom Member

Yep,

Gotta agree, had one (CMV 221D) for a couple of months now, great display, hooked up to a 7800pro along with the old BenQ 19 as a dual display. If I had the desk space would prob get another one :thumbup:

7. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

ooh! ooh! mememememe! :p

I love mine. Again like others have said, a little annoyed that I can't change the screen height. If anything else, probably the size of the base is a little bulky. Other than that, I love it. Highly recommended.

8. Cryogenic

Cryogenic News Monkey

yes the stand is a bit flimsy and lacks adjustment, but it is a superb monitor. I love mine and reckon i'll keep it until it dies. You can't go wrong for the money :)

9. SuperBeast

SuperBeast Member

Have one too, no problems at all, looks great for games/windows/movies, it rocks :D

10. Az1

Az1 Member

bought one two days ago from msy $434 for the dvi model dont think you'll find much cheaper and its AWESOME 22" of pure love baby yea :D been playin r6 vegas and nfs carbon both with the widescreen fixes and its unfaultable to my average untrained eye.

the 3 year onsite warranty was the clincher for me :D over the proview etc

hers a pic of it running on my desktop

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  11. Mad 4 Air

Mad 4 Air Member

I thought they only came in silver. Never seen one in black before. The look better in black i think.

12. BigM

BigM Member

13. idiot_child

idiot_child Member

Hey yeah, just noticed the black. That does look good. I wonder when black came out .. or whether it's a vinyl dye job. (goes off to check when warranty expires on my silver model so I can start hacking it)

14. dean_is_not

dean_is_not Member

Definitely worth it. I love friends reactions when they see it the first time :D
    Though now I'd like something bigger :p

15. Az1

Az1 Member

16. mecka

mecka Member

It's not a mod. The Chimei 221DB is the black version of the 221D. You can get them from MSY as well as a number of other retailers.

17. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

I got a Chimei and a Dell.

The Dell is far superiour as in the colours are more vibrant, but the Chimei does not suffer from banding problems.

The viewing angles leave alot to be desired but if you look at it front on like a normal monitor its perfect.

Can't complain about it for the price so cheap!
    I paied $580 for mine only a few months ago

18. fantz

fantz Member

Picked mine up today, it's a great screen. I read a lot of reviews of the Samsung 225BW, Viewsonic VX2235WM, BenQ FP222W & The Chimei CMV221D. Each screen seemed to suffer its own pitfalls, so i was scratching my head as to which way to go. backlight bleed was an issue on all, with the Samsung seeming to suffer the most. The reviews of the Chimei were quite promising, so i bit the bullet. Most of the 22" screens if not all use the Chimei panel anyway.

Great screen, crisp, clear, and quick in games. Minimal backlight bleed, and no dead or bright pixels. Very happy for the measely price ($100 cheaper than the viewsonic and samsung too). Pic attached.

[​IMG]

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

i have got one, and i love it. although the fact that it was my first move away from CRT helps, as a gamer im thoroughly impressed with it.

as a gamer and multimedia enthusiast, here is my general feedback about the chimei 22"

pros:
    - cheap, picked up for less than $500
    - build
    - IQ for both movies and gaming
    - performance from both movies and gaming
    - 30 day 0 pixel warranty

cons:
    - viewing angle (does not affect me, purpose of the 22" is for 1 end user only, and thats me!)
    - height adjustment, does not exist. i put a rectangular box under my chimei 22" for height
    - backlight bleeding, AFAIK most LCD's have them, mine didnt affect me, it was only evident for widescreen movies but i still do not find it annoying.

i went through the pixel warranty, unfortunately i had 2 stuck pixels. i could have kept it since the pixels were at the very bottom of the screen where the start button sits but i could only see it against black screen when doing dead pixel test. but i still replaced it, 2nd screen is all clean, i love it.

20. billme

billme Member

Hey mate, that is the same desk I have. As well as keyboard by the looks. At least I know a 22" will still fit on it nicely now! :). Looks like 24" will fit to.

Awesome you can get it in black, I didn't like the silver version of the CMV, put me off even thinking about them. That looks great, will suit my Black Lian-Li, my black keyboard, black speakers, black/blue AKG headphones and my black/red MX510. So overall would like very nice. (You just need to replace your standard Intellimouse to have the same effect :) )