China Phones - Recommend your Piece of Crap!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Smokin Whale, Feb 2, 2016.

1. General_Cartman

General_Cartman Member

Not having a metal back definitely makes designing the antennas a hell of a lot easier.

2. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Any Huawei Mate 20 Pro users here?

Or ZTE Nubia X users?

3. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

Huawei mate 20 non pro user here.
    All I can say is wow so happy. Now looking for a mate 20 Pro.

4. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Mate 20 X look like the spiritual successor to my favorite phone ive owned of all time, the Sony Z Ultra

Im getting tempted

5. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

Sometimes it's best to cave in to temptation.. Just look at your avatar for inspiration

Matthew kane likes this.
  6. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Apple ended up giving me a free replacement iphone 7 plus 256gb and luckily Apple warranty in Aus is 2 years not 1 year like it is overseas.

I ended up buying a Huawei nova 3i from JB to get my feet wet a bit and its a good phone for what it is. Still waiting for the ZTE Nubia X to arrive to Australia.

I got put off by the Mate 20 Pro screen issue.

7. TomJ

TomJ Member

Just finished setting up my new ChPoS Mi Mix 3 with Nova Launcher.

The screen itself is bigger than the whole Pixel I just replace
    Awesome that you get the Qi charger and a case in the box. The power adapter isn't the best for output, it's only 2A
    First time I've had no headphone jack but I'll embrace the adapter

I went with this over the 6T because of wireless charging, no notch/tear drop and from reviews, the camera is better.

8. sanjay

sanjay Member

9. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

10. oculi

oculi Member

If I can scrounge up the several dollars required I'll be living the Chinese dream soon, the camera on my HTC 625 died a few months ago and now the touch screen isn't working very good.

Would like an oppo but budget is steering me towards a Redmi 6. No interest in huawei.

11. TomJ

TomJ Member

12. oculi

oculi Member

might look into that, seems the 6 is worse than the 5, it their releases are like microsoft windows the 7 should be good again.

13. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Wonder if someone experienced with Oppo phones might lend me a hand. My old man has just picked up an oppo a3s which after a switch to nova launcher seems to be doing everything he wants, except for one thing. If he misses a call or is sent a text message etc, there is absolutely no visual indication of it. The calls come up while it's happening, then afterwards for a brief period on the lock screen there's a banner notification of a missed call, but when the screen goes to sleep, that banner goes away and there is no further notification, badge, banner, anything, anywhere. Nothing up the top, nothing over the phone app.

I'm blaming the oppo OS itself for this, because it was the same with the default launcher before the switch to Nova. I see I need to get nova prime if i want app badges, but he'd settle for just a missed call icon in the top notification bar. Just something to show that he's missed something.

14. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

i had that same issue with Nova launcher, it's great but you have to pay to get app badges

not sure if there's a solution

15. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Neglected to mention I've tried ADW and Action launcher on there as well, neither show any sort of notifications for missed calls.

16. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

My R11S showed a notification in the middle of the screen with 'missed call timestamp' or 'message from person timestamp' even with the lockscreen on, but mine was completely stock Color OS. Unlocking the screen came up with a box with more details.

17. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Try Evie Launcher maybe?

It's free and supports badge counts so might be a suitable solution.

18. oculi

oculi Member

anyone got an oppo A3S?

19. power

power Member

Nova supports app badges in the Prime version. so yes you have to pay, but you get a lot more than just that. Nova is well worth buying imho.

20. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I've been asking a question about one my old man recently bought for the last page :)
    I'm not sure this is just an app badges issue though. I mean, in standard android, if you miss a phone call up the top left you get a missed call icon, on the same line as the clock and signal strength etc etc. This thing doesn't even get that. There is literally NO visible indication that a call has been missed, or even that there is a text message waiting. You actually have to open the apps up and check.

It was like that on the default colorOS, it's still like it in Nova, Action and a couple of others I've tried but can't remember off the top of my head. So I'm not sure even paying for nova would fix it?