China Phones - Recommend your Piece of Crap!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Smokin Whale, Feb 2, 2016.

1. doug81

doug81 Member

4 year old thread - China phones had very variable quality but there were a few gems. The main thing was that they were cheap so if you just wanted a cheap piece of crap you could get one. In the last couple of years Xiaomi and Huawei have leaped well ahead of where they were. I've been a fan of Xiaomi stuff since I got my Redmi Note 3 SE, was a very impressive phone for the price...

2. Franc

Franc Member

Ive actually bought one of these, I was going to get a pixel 4 XL but couldnt afford the price - and I wanted a thermal camera (I had a previous addon but it was broke) - the phone costs like $600 but a thermal camera third party addon was $300 plus, so the phone will only cost me $300 more anyway, win win.

doug81 and juzz86 like this.
  3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Mate if you could report back with a few thoughts on the thermal imager that would be tops - I am considering picking one up for very basic diagnostics work and would love some first-hand experience! :thumbup:

4. jayjay1986

jayjay1986 Member

Bkught the Realme C12 back in December 2020 and it's ok.

Especially liking the battery as I have been running pokemon go all day and there plenty of juice left over.

Only thing is it is slow in terms of scrolling. Wouldn’t recommend running mulitiple apps.

Mosy important, turn the performance to high and scrolling speed does improve significantly.

5. money_killer

money_killer Member

Turned off animation?

6. jayjay1986

jayjay1986 Member

Yup, still same