Clash of Clans thread

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Stooge007, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

CC is full upgraded and camps are.

I am doing dark barracks, so I can use BAM to farm Dark Elixr, will farm some gold and upgrade a whiz tower next then I guess

2. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

I normally max out walls before moving to next town hall level.

3. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

I still have a lot of buildings to upgrade and research to do before I even think about upgrading my town hall, I am going to try and farm 2 mill gold when each builder finishes building and chuck it into walls of defenses

4. shaaeseer

shaaeseer Member

A few of you were asking about my farming layouts and I said I would post them here for all :)

Mostly modified versions of what I find floating around to suit what I end up on the receiving end of.

For TH7 I present the Labyrinth. Worked well for me, admittedly I had to make some modifications because th7 didn't get a DE drill back then... principal remains the same. You don't really have enough oomph to stop a complete attack from th8 etc so best you can do is make them wander in circles and attempt to bunch up the barch for a giant bomb to take it out.

For TH8 I present Custom... thing. Worked for me again, sadly the CC is quite easy to pull but its either DE or CC can't do both. The biggest difference in this base was a good attack will get to one storage compartment, but very rarely more than 1. DE well... if someone hits you with a th9 gibarch with an AQ not a whole lot a th8 can do to stop them taking all your de.

Hope it helps!

Me

5. mtw

mtw Member

Thought I'd post my TH8 farming base also. Treated me VERY well, only high TH9's etc destroyed me.

I made one in the builder... cannot figure out how to link to it though?

EDIT: Registered and now it lets me link? MTW's TH8 Farming Base

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  6. Valik

Valik Member

Less than 30 minutes of war left and servers are under maintenance. Talk about ripped off.

7. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Unless its been changed, war times will extend by the amount of downtime due to maintenance. So keep trying to make sure you get straight back on when its back up, and enjoy your 30 minutes

8. mtw

mtw Member

Double clan war XP currently, will last a week.

9. r3s

r3s Member

We are going to chain war while buff is active, results irrelevant, but taking advantage of double perks is a win.

10. mtw

mtw Member

Guess I might opt back in then

11. paul8811

paul8811 Member

I know everyone is a bit 'warred out' but if we start a new one before maintance ends we still get double XP

http://forum.supercell.net/showthre...double-event?p=4294706&viewfull=1#post4294706

"All Wars that begin before the end of the event will be eligible to double XP (even if they start, say, 10min before the event ends). Maintenance Thursday 16th but time is unknown. (guess: during working time in Finland)"

12. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I'm going to regret this .... probably :p I've downloaded and have been playing around, I think I'm up to a 10 in blue... whatever that means!

Does your Clash name have to be the same as your forum name to join the OCAU clan?

13. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

welcome (to losing hours of your life to this silly game :p)

i'm not sure who's running the OCAU clan now, if there still is one

read up through this thread to get lots of good hints/tips that i wish i knew when i was starting out!

best tip is to only use gems to get builder huts, makes things so much easier/quicker to level up stuff

14. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I did a search in-game and found the OCAU clan :)

Thanks for the tip, I was saving up for another builder pretty much straight away, I'll start slogging through the thread :)

15. mtoti

mtoti Member

and only upgrade town hall once everything else is max (or very close to it)

16. StreekG

StreekG Member

Been in a feeder clan since i started Clash a few months ago, last week while in the middle of TH8 town hall upgrade, i started in an actual active clan as i feel my attacking skills are better enough.

Having a lot of fun now that i'm doing ok in wars :)

17. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

The Queen is now level 40, and there isn't any building to upgrade.

Once I am done with Barbarian King, currently upgrading to level 37, I will work on finishing bloody lava walls. 145 to go, I think.

I am really enjoying clan wars.

18. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

you have way too much time on your hands :p

19. mtoti

mtoti Member

Yeah I am a near max TH9 (just walls and royals left) but I no longer feel the need to grind through upgrades, just enjoying warring. Wish I could do more than 2 attacks every 2 days actually :Pirate:

Thinking of going TH10 now but just upgrading offensive side for wars and leaving defences alone (aka TH9.5)

20. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

I am on, got made Co-leader on my clan, it's my neighbours friends clan, funny because he is an elder and his friends made me CO.

If anyone wants to join we war two times per week, Clan Perk 3.

Come join or just check me out I am Almost Max th7, overflowing loot upgrading to th8 very soon!

Lawrencep93

Clan:
    W8gsbr0
    Tag:
    #2UVJQPCG

This war currently I 3 started the other teams TH9 like a boss ;)