Cleaning water loop

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by an93l, Dec 17, 2013.

1. an93l

an93l Member

Hi there, I was cleaning one of my old systems and realise that the tubing is all white cannot see the water any more. Also the reservoir has some sort of stain on it that looks like sugar dried up and stuck on it and I cant get anything small enough to fit into the hole to clean it.

What is this and how can I stop this on my new loop? I have purchased new tubing and cleaned the radiators (hopefully its good enough).

I previously used distill water and liquid utopia.

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

did you previously use older primochill tubing? if so, it's plasticiser and shouldn't be a problem with new stuff.

3. OP
    OP
    an93l

an93l Member

Yes its a primochill tube as well as the utopia.

I bought another primochill tube from pccasegear, so will this still happen?

I cant even clean the reservior inside is all white powder stucked on it. Tried using hot water and soap and nothing happens, Im planning to get new reservior as well. Just hoping it wont happen again though.

4. BigDave

BigDave Member

Try using some white vinegar and see if that helps, Don't leave it in the rads to long though.

5. OP
    OP
    an93l

an93l Member

Is that mixed with water right?
    So your suggesting to do it on the new loop? I cant see whats inside the radiator but the Reservoir is definitely powdered up.

6. Sven76

Sven76 Member

The plasticiser will be through the entire loop coating it. It may not make much difference apart from discoloration to the functionality of everything. I suggest opening your water blocks and seeing if they have gunked up as well. The deposits will be worse in channels where it narrows like the water blocks and rads.

Seems the vinegar route is the best option as well. About a 10% solution of it in distilled water.