CNC cut aluminium/wood gears

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by bliaker, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bliaker

bliaker Member

Hi there,

I'm working on an automated rotating platform using a stepper motor and an arduino and I'm trying to figure the best way to rotate it using gears. I have the arduino/stepper motor part of the equation sorted, but what I'm looking to do now is mount a large gear to the rotating platform and the stepper motor with a smaller gear to the mount.

Like this:
    https://geargenerator.com/#725,475,...,1,0,0,0,0,0,23,5.75,4,20,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,3,-47

I note that theres a 3D print request thread on here but I'm not sold that plastic is the best material for the gear and unsure how gunky the gears would come out. Would anyone on here be able to quote me on a CNC of some aluminium gears at 3mm or 4mm thickness? Looking at 110mm diametre for the gear so a 150mm sided square of material is all that would be needed. I can also provide a file for CNC from the above generator but it might be easier using your own workflow/gear plugin for whatever setup you use. A workflow I was looking at can be seen on youtube here

Not fussy on the ratio as I'll adjust to suit within the ardunio and speed isn't such an issue.

Recommendations are very welcome :) Thanks gang

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. OP
    OP
    bliaker

bliaker Member

Turns out im blind and was looking for a CNC thread isntead of laser cutting. I'll ask over there! derp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.