Cold Boot Problems

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by jcleong, Jul 25, 2001.

1. jcleong

jcleong Member

I got a Abit KT7A-Raid and a asus v7700. I always get cold boot. Anyone can solve the problem?

2. runequest2

runequest2 Member

are you using the raid controller to boot off. my asus A7V133 was so slow to cold boot i thought i was having a cold boot problem- it turned out i was not waiting long enough :o

one day i was doing something and forgot it. when i went to my computer it had booted??!! so i tried it the next day watching it. i waited a bit thought it was not going to boot and then the promise controller detected the hard drive and booted. it turned out i was too quick to reboot.
    sad but true.

3. OP
    OP
    jcleong

jcleong Member

the problem wif it is that it won't boot the whole system, not even the bios

4. Powermike

Powermike Member

After switching on it just gives the "beeeeep bep bep" noise? After reset it runs? I really know that from my ASUS P3V4X with my ASUS 7700. I had to solve it by Frogmaster's Mod: http://www.btinternet.com/~p3v4x/vr_mod.htm

And now a friend build a new system with exactly the same configuration like you have: Also Cold Boot Issue. Seems to be a similar reason like with the old ASUS P3V4X, I found a explanation of the error and a Hardware Mod for the Abit KT7A also: http://www.chewan.freeserve.co.uk/

Did'nt try it yet but I think I will next week...

Powermike

5. Tubba

Tubba Member

After powering up, try hitting the reset switch. Try this a few times, waiting 5 secs before pressing each time. See if it eventually boots up.