Cold Fusion.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bond163, May 18, 2005.

1. bond163

bond163 Member

Cold Fusion
    http://jlnlabs.online.fr/cfr/

The warning for experminents:
    A word of WARNING right up front: This is potentially VERY DANGEROUS work and must not be done without maximum, safety precautions and supervision by those thoroughly versed in laboratory safety!
    It involves high-temperatures, high-voltages, explosive mi xtures of oxygen and hydrogen, caustic solutions, and steam generation that if improperly contained could cause a deadly explosion. These are just the beginning hazards. This is unknown territory. Drs. Ohmori and Mizuno measured the transmutation of elements in this experiment.
    Thus, until further notice and despite your possible skepticism about their claim of transmutation this work must be considered, by definition, nuclear experimentation. With that said, we encourage every thoughtful group who can do this experiment safely to attempt it. Infinite Energy and Cold Fusion Technology, Inc. take no responsibility for the known or unknown radiation or other hazards that are associated this experiment.

What is it:
    I have no intention of collecting the hydrogen as of yet, or doing any measurements (except for Volts an Amps), i am just curious to see if i can managed to achieve plasma electrolysis.
    Wait what are we fusing?
    http://www.infinite-energy.com/iemagazine/issue22/hydrogen.html

First steps: powersupply, this is the main problem for me. and after three days of experimenting, i managed to make my psu work. The first one built was soon scrapped, as there was no room for expansion of resistors.
    The next generation contained much higher wattage resistors, this seemed the best way to drop the volts from the rectified 340vDC to about 220v. I had no access to a variac allowing 10A, and could not afford the transformer, which was still not suitable priced at $350.
    After the 50w resistor baked like a cake (a burnt flaming one might i ad), me and my dad were brainstorming ideas for good resistors, i proposed my sister, and he thought maybe kettle elements. A second solution of water, with salt added to bring up the conductivity was opted for. After playing for a few hours, and blowing many fuses, realisation that maybe, there was too much solution in the coffee pot was probably what was trying to draw so much current, it was halfed and sure enough, a spark soon started. This was amazing progress.With the second solution we had produced about 5L of ferric chloride, which my sister questioned "why are we making coffee out here." The iron elctrodes had dissolved into the solution (i'm currently replacing them with stainless steel ones).

Circuit Diagram:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  2. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 Member

WTF thats gotta be the biggest and meanest PSU i've seen ..... :shock: good work mate

3. psynapse

psynapse Member

You're building a power supply? :eek:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

4. Bigwillie

Bigwillie Member

looks ghetto with the resistor capacitor and stuff hanging off it...

I LIKE IT :leet: !!

5. Goth

Goth Grumpy Member

What exactly is it powering? It looks like basically a liquid-phase discharge lamp

6. anlashok

anlashok Member

Looks sweet,

I'm guessing your trying the Lite Water approach rather than the common Heavy Water

7. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

no inside pics or schematics?

love the old school style with the caps poking out the top, the thing you see on valve amps

8. D F

D F Member

re: bridge rectifier:
    not without sinking it wont do 35A, or even 5.

Does it have to be dc? you could use a ballast out of a fluro - a common property of arks is that the higher the current, the lower the impedance..
    I thought this thread was about some new 'omg so powerful' psu line..

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  9. OP
    OP
    bond163

bond163 Member

pics of the old psu:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  10. vthiru

vthiru Member

What is that reactor? Got a reference on the net?

11. bradrogers

bradrogers Member

Yes, please do explain. When you say reactor, you don't mean backyard atomic bombs do you? :p j/k But yeah whats the uses for it.

12. mazzanet

mazzanet Member

A google came up with this. Looks very interesting...

13. OP
    OP
    bond163

bond163 Member

^^ yep that pretty much sums it up
    basically gonna build an equivalent of the 2.0

14. bloodbob

bloodbob Member

Pitty thats a male socket if it was really generator it would have a female socket so you can plug you extentision leader into it and then hook up your tv.

Can you show us some picture of it running on its own power ( i.e. once you've disconnected it from the start up powers supply ).

Anyone who believes this is an idiot I'm sorry to say. Cold fusion doesn't look possible at all frankly no one in the scientificate community has done cold fusion at all let alone at more then 100% efficency.

Just look at the graph here http://jlnlabs.imars.com/cfr/mizuno/glowdische.jpg ( from that website ) the graph only goes to 100% efficency and the best point on the graph is only at 60% efficency yet this photoshoped picture claims the setup right next to it is doing 500% so what is it 60% or 500%?

Just look at the BS graphs they made up here http://jlnlabs.imars.com/cfr/images/hpcfr21vis1.gif
    They are using a rectified 220v power supply now the output voltage from a 220v is 220/Sqrt(2) which is approximately 155.5 Volts yet there graph shows roughly 220 volts.

Finaly this stuff is running at thousands of degrees I would't call plasma cold.

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  15. Tekin

Tekin Member

Buawahahaha BUAHAHWHAHA buahawhaahahaahaHAHaha....

but seriously.

post if you pull it off.

I've got an entire lab here that want to give it a go.

16. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

well im confused :D, what is the purpose of the cc reactor , producing hydrogen?

17. OP
    OP
    bond163

bond163 Member

bloodbob why so negative? greeny?

you know you can't do that with any energy source, you need to convert the products of any reaction many times to get volts.

no, can you?

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  18. Bladen

Bladen Member

I thought plasma didn't need to be that hot...

By hot I mean at 3700 let alone 1m.

19. Goth

Goth Grumpy Member

That doesn't make any sense, even something like a Cockroft-Walton network wouldn't work at these power levels.

Anyway, have you got a schematic for your power supply? I'm interested.

You might also want to use heatshrink or similar to insulate the exposed leads on those resistors - we're dealing with dangerous voltages here.

Fusion experiments, like this sort of thing, and Inertial Electrostatic Confinement fusion are very interesting areas, but i really don't think you're ever gonna get more energy out than you put in. But as you say, even if you can demonstrate that nuclear reactions are occuring (perhaps through spectral analysis), then that in itself is awesome.

20. vthiru

vthiru Member

Err dude... you don't dissipate that kind of energy with resistors... It'll only get worse with increasing current draw... Step down the voltage to what you need directly...

Secondly... how do you get 400V DC by bridge rectifying 170V AC... why is it even stepped down?

Edit: are you/your dad sure you know what you're doing? I think you might kill yourself...

Last edited: May 21, 2005