Command & Conquer 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by slipkord, Jul 9, 2009.

1. slipkord

slipkord Member

After an apparently accidental leak of the game via a Twitter update, EA have gone ahead and officially announced Command & Conquer 4, the fourth and final game in the Tiberium game universe.

Its being developed by EA Los Angeles for PC, slated for release in 2010.

Debut Trailer (Gametrailers.com)

Further reading:
    Exclusive First Details - Q&A on Command & Conquer 4 (Gamespot)
    First look at Concept Art and Screenshot (Shacknews)

Official website:
    http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/index.html
    Commmand & Conquer 4 Press Release

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

PC ONLY!
    Fuck yeah :thumbup::lol: !

3. FiShy

FiShy Member

nice pc only

shame its made by EA and will be fail.

4. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Really???
    You didn't like C&C3?

I know Westwood did a great job in the first place, but I thought the third game looked bloody awesome!

EDIT: the only thing it was missing were the cutscenes introducing new weapons right before the campaign opened (I still remember the cutscene of th obelisk of light from that first game melting the tank!)

5. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Hope it's not just more of the same-old, same-old. :thumbdn: Also I hope EA don't balls it up too much. :Paranoid:

I actually enjoy playing C&C Red Alert (esp with Aftermath expansion) more than some of the newer games. I wish they did like a re-hash of that with better UI controls for mouse scroll wheels, unit queuing, etc.

6. Snatch

Snatch Member

Biggest mistake EA ever made was shutting down Westwood Studios. All the C&C games since Yuri's Revenge have really been subpar.

Still I look forward to seeing what they do C&C4 hopefully they make it more of a fitting continuation to Tiberian Sun than C&C3 was. Felt like that game went backwards rather forwards. Was still a much better game than Red Alert 3 was.

7. andymate

andymate Member

I was a huge ra fan until they released yuris revenge which was the worst expansion ever made for. Ra3 followed on from that and was worst game in the series.

Also to whoever said to make ra1 with better graphics and updated ui, i would have to agree.

Hopefully they don't bum this up, but knowing ea, its going to happen

8. OP
    OP
    slipkord

slipkord Member

Found a Shacknews link that contains the first screenshot of C&C 4.

Looks like a Star Wars AT-AT vehicle in the lower left foreground, and a bunch of other mech-like units. Looks good graphically for a screenshot, but one has to wait for a fortnight for the official trailer according to the C&C 4 website :upset:

9. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

LOL AT-AT vehicle? Looks like a Supersized "Mammoth Mk II" or similar to me.

10. FiShy

FiShy Member

Looks have very little to do if a game is good or not.

11. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

The big one should be a crawler (mobile base (new MCV essentially)). The one's on the far left and right look new versions of the MKII.

12. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Haven't read any of the links, who is the opposing force if GDI and NOD are allies?

13. FB008

FB008 Member

GDI and NOD with an unholy alliance? well i never!

i think they're probably facing off the scrin? (again) otherwise it's tiberium (again)

looks purdy though, will be interesting to see what spin they put on this one. didn't mind cnc3 though online balance took a long time to get right.

14. TXN

TXN Member

Yep. RA2 rocked! :thumbup:
    Westwood will be missed

15. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Not star wars, looks like beefed up versions of the units from Tiberian Sun.

The 4 legged walker is probably the Mammoth MKII with the little bi-pod walkers either wolverines/titans.

16. Jastone

Jastone Member

I hope it's more like RA2/Tiberium Wars rather than Generals/RA3. Those were poor titles in comparison imo. Something not right about the way they played.

17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

U just pointed out all the crappy EA titles.

The good ones were all made by Westwood Studios :D

Red Alert 2 was the last C&C Game that Westwood Studios had partial control on the direction of the game, after that all the C&C titles were pretty much trash :(

I mean, i still pay C&C 1 and RA1 with its expansions, but i dont even look at replaying C&C 3 or RA3.

18. Jastone

Jastone Member

I loved RA1/RA2 and enjoyed tiberium wars (maybe because i played that online with friends for a bit), but i couldn't even get myself to play past the first few levels of RA3. It felt so much like generals...very slow gameplay, not fast paced enough like i'm used to with RA2.

19. )(arg0n

)(arg0n Member

Same. I quit halfway through the first level. I might have enjoyed RA3 if i was 6.

On a better note yay, a conculsion to the tiberium story, been waiting a while. The storyline really sucked me in with the originals. I didnt mind C&C3 too much, kanes wrath wasn't quite up to scratch though.

I too hope EA dont ruin this last part of the series, i will play it through to the end, if only for the story :).

20. chookman

chookman Member

I dont like the fact that hose screenies show everything looks like a mech... what happened to the good olde Tanks and APC's