COMPETITION - Design a LOGO and Win stuff!

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Suntzu, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetron

thetron Member

Ditio/Same here :)

2. coolmach!ne

coolmach!ne Member

I just sent off some more to you Suntzu.

3. OP
    OP
    Suntzu

Suntzu Member

I got them.

I think you may be now in the lead as those logos you sent are very usable for a business card.

Top effort.

Dont forget this closes tommorow night.

cheers

4. slick

slick Member

Personally I think you'd have to be pretty insecure to have that attitute that someone's gonna be stealing your design. Or maybe you're lacking in the talent department when it comes to Photoshop skills and you're afraid others viewing the thread might laugh at you :) Dont assume everyone agrees with you ...

Ppl like Whitey Ford or funkychild have shown the OCAU community how good they are by linking images and letting others judge their digital artwork.
    I think a very small small version of your design posted on this thread will give the OCAU members some idea on how talented the creator of each entry is. By all means I agree with emailing the submission to the guy who's organising but why not also post a little pic for us to check out.

SpeedFreak should be in the lead so far according to what i've seen. Well done!

I'm thinking of entering but with only one day of competition left I dont think I'll be able to :( a little bit too busy right now

5. cicada

cicada Member

Dude it's got nothing to do with insecurity. It's about increasing the range of ideas. Whenever I've seen these things done live in a thread, it always end up with 20 designs all looking the pretty much the same. Usually minor variations on the lamest and most obvious ideas. People's ideas get stuck in the one rut. Also you end up with a torrent of opinions streaming in from people with NFI about good design which makes it almost impossible for the client to make a good decision about the best logo for them.

Sure it may not be the spectator event that everyone was hoping for, but doing it this way will have a massive increase in the range of ideas submitted ...and Suntzu will get even better logos for next to nothing :D (small joke) *ahem*

It's another reason I think these competitions are especially dumb when done live, usually the designs quality takes a massive dive into boring.

Also I think Sciby was posting along the same line of thought as I have expressed above, and as a moderator on this site, not as a potential player in the competition.

.....pifffft and who uses Photoshop to design logos anyway :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2002
  6. Sting

Sting Member

How about when this ends (tonight?).. you post your efforts which you sent in via email so we can have a look?

I'd like to see what people came up with, and this way you can't steal ideas cause its already over? :confused:

7. Xeaon13

Xeaon13 Member

Suntzu - Your whole site looks like it could do with a new skin, look and feel. Abit of spice. If your interested pm me and we can talk over details.

8. OP
    OP
    Suntzu

Suntzu Member

Xeaon13. Yes it could. I just paid for the ecommerce facilities so a reskin would have to wait for a few months.

THE COMPETITION IS CLOSED

I am looking at the results now and will post a result tommorow.

Thank you to all the entrants!

9. Xeaon13

Xeaon13 Member

I understand. If you are serously interested in the near future contact me for a lowcost affective site.

10. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak Member

thanks mate :D

also aboyt the website of yours suntzu - i will make it for free, PM me :)

11. coolmach!ne

coolmach!ne Member

Must be a hard decision any progress ?? :)

12. Eimi

Eimi Member

Since the comps over, I'll post my efforts here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So what do you guys think, I know the spellings wrong and the shadow on card 1 is wrong (I corrected the spelling without correcting the drop shadow), but since they are all vectors, everything can change.

Unlike Speed freak, I thought simple abstract designs would be ideal + they aren't reliant on HQ bitmaps, but rather simple vectors. If your wondering where the female face came from, it's Nev Campbell, from my collection of wallpapers.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2002
  13. DTHCoCo

DTHCoCo Member

i want to know who won???? even though i didn't submit anything, who who:confused:

14. Sciby

Sciby How long have you had these droids?

Personally, I think you're right, I have no Photoshop/graphic designs skills whatsoever. But that's fine, because I'm not entering the competition.

Y'see, I'm a moderator of the OCAU forums. I'm moderating here, and trying to maintain fairness for all members.

So, it's totally irrelevant to me if everyone agrees with me or not, I really don't care. I'm trying to do the best by the people who put a lot of work into something and don't want it plagurised.

If you feel the need to post your work here, so the more naive amongst us can go "Oooh, nice photochopping, G, that's ful sik!" so you can feel better about yourself, be my guest.

15. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak Member

suntzu - update plz??

16. DTHCoCo

DTHCoCo Member

whats happening???? :confused: :mad: :confused:

17. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak Member

SUNTZU!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE ARE U???????

18. OP
    OP
    Suntzu

Suntzu Member

Sorry guys been FLAT OUT with work.

I am having a hard time deciding a winner, but I promise there will be an announcement and a winner Monday night.

Sorry about the delay, Im gunna dissapoint a few guys who put in great entries but I guess there can only be one.

cheers

19. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak Member

ok,

look forward to the announcement :D

20. OP
    OP
    Suntzu

Suntzu Member

STING WINS

Stings Wins.
    Best logo submitted (IMO) as I can use it for a business card.[​IMG]

Easy to get printed on the business card and cheap for colour prints.

Speedfreak had the best webbanners by far, but its not suitable for a business card/logo. I may be in touch for some paid employment to refresh my tired old site speedy!

Everyone put in top efforts really and I had a hard time picking a winner. I had to pull in my GF to help me decide.

Im no art critic so dont be miffed if you didnt win ( ie I have no idea whats good really, just what I like), really it came down to what I could sensibly use on a business card that looked fairly professional but that was cheap to reproduce.

I guess Sting had a good idea conceptually about what I wanted to "do/achieve" as opposed to what "looked cool" if you get my drift? He had the functionality down.

Top efforts from (in no particular order)

Armunn ( i really liked where u were heading with this)
    coolmach!ne
    thetron
    stuart w ( ocau handle?)

Again, a big thank you to all those who submitted, its hard to get this across in text but I really did appreciate your efforts. You guys have got serious skills so far as I can tell.

Email me Sting and I'll get your details to ship the prize.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.