COMPETITION: Win a Rapoo Gaming Mouse & Keyboard!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by SCORPTEC, Jan 16, 2015.

1. SCORPTEC

SCORPTEC Member

[​IMG]

Go in the draw to WIN a Rapoo V700 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard PLUS a V900 Gaming Mouse thanks to Rapoo!

TO ENTER: Simply tell us in the thread below which feature/features you think are most important in a gaming keyboard.

Winner chosen Friday week! (23/01/2015)

Check out our range of Rapoo products at Scorptec today! http://619.be/Rapoo-at-Scorptec

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Responsive and backlit keys.

I never win anything

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  3. Copie

Copie Member

Programmable Macro keys.

4. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Response, comfort and precision.

5. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

For me it's durability and reliability. I often bash my keyboard in frustration when I lag, die, lose connection or get-shot-by-that-guy-who-is-clearly-aimbotting (who isn't really). It also needs to be easy to clean after you get that weird grey/black/brown gunk that builds up on the keys.

Sorry for that vom-inducing visual.

6. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

One that works.

7. roosterman

roosterman Member

comfort helps but most important feautures would be good responsive keys and gotta be able to handle the thrashing guys give them when the net goes down/guy kills them or just the everyday frustrations of playing bf4.lol.
    up to half dozen programable keys on left side would be good.

8. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Spacing of the keys and whether they are raised or flat on.
    But the most important one would be the feel of pressing down on the keys and the comfort.

9. leck

leck Member

for gaming backlit keys, nice switches and a comfortable (not too high) keys. Other factors obviously like n-key rollover are important too. Good luck :] I tried one of the mice a little while back and it seemed pretty nice, good shape!

10. hi_lectro

hi_lectro Member

W, A, S and D are pretty important to me.

11. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

Quality of built. Having parts break off just because you didn't treat it like the most delicate thing ever sucks.

12. ominae

ominae Member

Tactile feedback from key presses (the FEEL :leet:), ergonomics (can I easily hit all the keys I need to hit) and reliability.

:thumbup:

13. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Comfort and Feel, the keyboard (and mouse) are the interaction between you and the computer but are always over looked

14. noremac12321

noremac12321 (Banned or Deleted)

Audiability. The tone has to be perfect for the intent. That's where I think mechanical keyboards really shine; in that there's a spectrum of clicks for users to choose from.

15. Elmf

Elmf Member

Design, not just intent, but design!

Don't make a keyboard, notice it has a good point, then market the crap out of that one point.

Ergonomic, sturdy, with a reasonable array of macros and you've got a winner!

Because like it or not, a "gaming" keyboard, is just a keyboard with heavy use due to raging :lol:

16. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Spacing of the keys, programmable keys, and how sensitive the mouse is (or the ability to change the DPI). Ya don't wanna go for a reflexive shot and miss cause it's over sensitive... :D

17. azalin79

azalin79 Member

Comfort, key layout and must have raised keys! The keyboards with sunken keys are just wrong!

18. Hater

Hater Member

Concise but not too concise, good Macro keys and nice switches!

19. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Member

Comfort & Response for sure :thumbup:

20. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

Essential in today's gaming keyboards:
    -need a good several-key roll over (more than 2, 6 should be fine for most stuff, n-key rollover for keyboard face mashing games or people with 104 fingers)
    -switches. mech kb with plate mounted switches or GTFO! switch type is entirelly personal pref (don't believe what anyone says, cherry blues are fine for gaming... unless you're a woodpecker)

Not actually essential:
    -Backlighting. if you need the backlighting to hunt n peck keys in the dark then gaming probably isn't your thing. Get if you want to look at pretty LEDs between rounds.
    -Macros. there's software that does this better than keyboards. for instance i had macros that i toggled with key combinations and activated with things like LMB. way better than having a surfboard keyboard with 50 macro keys.
    -tenkey pad. are you gaming or filling out a spreadsheet?
    -tenkeyless. are you really that strapped for desk space that you need that extra 5 cm?

Steer clear:
    -tacky looking keyboards that are trying too hard to look cool. less is more razer, less is more!
    -wire stabilisers and non-standard key sizes. stock keycaps tend to suck and you may want to change them in the future.

Elitist:
    -PBT keycaps. because you know, in 20 years time you'll have the same keyboard and dont want shiny caps. in fact get a dozen sets.
    -more mech keyboards than you actually need. because reasons. stop judging me!
    -aluminium case. but honey it's not a waste of money, i can use it as a weapon in the upcomming zombie apocalypse.
    -$300 click clack keycap. honey what do you mean you want a divorce?