1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Connected to wifi but not able to load webpages?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Rezzix, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rezzix

Rezzix Member

G'day all,

I'm after a big of help working out a problem with our home internet/wifi...

For around 2 weeks now we have been having trouble with the wifi connection to our iPhones (the only devices that regularly connect via wifi). The connection will be strong but no webpages will load, it's like there is no traffic over the network... Sometimes switching from the 2.4ghz signal to the 5ghz helps, but that then stops sometimes also...

The connection seems to be fine over a wired connection to the PC, though I think I have had atleast one occasion where it would not load web pages also, and I was unable to connect to my modem/router via its IP address. Our router is a TP- Link N600 8980.

I've tried resetting the router to factory defaults and starting it up again, but have had no luck so far...

Can anyone offer and solutions or tips on where to start troubleshooting? I've had no luck so far and Google doesn't seem to hit the exact problem I'm trying to solve.

Cheers

2. Tarkhein

Tarkhein Member

Have you reset the network settings on the iphone?

3. OP
    OP
    Rezzix

Rezzix Member

G'day mate, thanks for the response.

As in forgotten then rejoined the network, or is there another way to reset the network settings?

4. power

power Member

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

5. OP
    OP
    Rezzix

Rezzix Member

Thanks guys, I've reset the network settings but no luck, it did the same thing again approx 2 mins after the reset.

Chrome comes up with a "This web page is not available" error, and tapas all failed to load this page.

6. power

power Member

router might be on it's way out, be a good idea to factory reset it and set it back up - see if it works after that, wireless tends to go first on most consumer routers.

7. drrevenge

drrevenge Member

I'd recommend updating the firmware on it (if not already to the latest levels) then doing a factory reset and re-setting it up.

I'd also recommend to see if you can do a ping test from your iphone to say a computer set on the same network.

(Something like this: http://www.ehow.com/how_5045546_ping-network-iphone.html )

If, these things don't work, try your phones at some form of public wifi (Maccas, westfield, etc) and make sure it's nothing going on with your phone.

If you're still having issues after all that, then yes, it may be time to look at a new/warranty replacement, modem/router.

8. General_Cartman

General_Cartman Member

Could be DNS.... Can you connect to sites using their IP address instead of domain name?