Consolidated Business & Enterprise Computing Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by elvis, Jul 1, 2008.

1. GreyWolfe01

GreyWolfe01 Member

That kind of thing makes me inordinately angry. It's a primary example of why our planet is going to shit.

2. greebs

greebs Member

Hmm, the rest of this Friday better improve. At least the desk is clean now after my entire coffee ended up all over it. Missed the laptop, fortunately! We'll see if that S9+ really is waterproof.

elvis likes this.
  3. power

power Member

because every day money > planet.

4. OP
    OP
    elvis

elvis Old school old fool

"Look out for number 1" am I rite. Fuck the planet and the future generations. Bloody whining Gen X Gen Y Millenials wouldn't know a hard days work if it slapped them in the face why can't they just buy investment properties like the rest of us.

5. power

power Member

i'm sure the millenials will just as gladly climb over the charred remains of whatever is left in their pursuit of shiny things.

6. millsy

millsy Member

Heh my work is similar to that, getting approvals for 100-600 dollar expenses is by far the biggest pain in the arse, less nobody cares, more it's generally trivial.

But that evil cheap middle ground, good lord the paper trails

7. bcann

bcann Member

Climate change doesn't exist you tree hugging hippy .... amiright.jpg

The climate change deniers are the FIRST lot of people i'm putting in the fires to keep my home warm when the SHTF.... along with the rich pricks that milked the planet with no regards apart from how many $$$ it could earn then and then it'll be the political lobbyists along with the politicians. And i'll be damned if we don't have a few hundred years worth of all their lazy asses to burn off before we even start to run low on them.

8. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Keep warm? Australia will be a tropical atoll.

9. OP
    OP
    elvis

Of course they will, once they all turn 40. It's the natural order of things.

The 70s "free love" hippies all became the arsehole "own all the property" boomers heading into retirement. Humans were never meant to live past 35, and it shows by how shitty we get as we age.

10. cvidler

cvidler Member

place I worked for decades ago, worked out the processing a PO/expense claim etc cost them ~$450, at the time anything >$100 had to be approved etc. They thought they were being smart by then increasing the approval gate to $500. (you're still fucking doubling your expenditure).

11. bcann

bcann Member

If oceans rise enough central australia where australia gets most of its heat from will become the largest inland lake in the world like it used to be. Watch Temperatures plumet from then.

12. cvidler

cvidler Member

Had a server room do similar (CRAC underspecced for the room, so running overtime until it died), but the monitoring system failed first, so no one was alerted, first we knew was the SAN sending an alert and shutting down - apparently at that point the HDDs got to 70C.

13. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

TRIGGERED
    If I hear another whining fuck complain about how fucking hard it is because people have investment properties, its not like they magically fell out of the sky into the lap of these people, most had worked their entire life and brought investment properties after they paid their home off usually 20-30 years into their adult life.

Facts
    Average wage is $60K odd here in Brisbane, median house is $400K odd, and low end market is $300K odd, 6-8x average wage.

80s
    Average wage was $25k odd and houses ranged from $75K - $125K for entry level house, 3-5x average wage.

BUT most of the whining millennials earn more then $60k and are closer to $80-100K so entry level houses are about the same accessibility, they just don't want their 1st house to be entry level is the problem.

14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

You live in an interesting world.

15. millsy

millsy Member

Whilst I agree in principle, where are you pulling the income stats from?

16. OP
    OP
    elvis

Logan / West Sydney pricing. Ewww bogans.

17. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Here is Ipswich profile.
    https://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs/qld-4305-ipswich.aspx
    Median $360

Here is Logan profile.
    https://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs/qld-4114-logan-central.aspx
    Median $312

4074 where I live Jamboree Heights/ Riverhills
    https://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs/qld-4074-riverhills.aspx
    Median $499

Brisbane median price is inflated because of suburbs like Red Hill, Ashgrove etc, move 10mins+ from city on a freeway and its way cheaper.

https://www.livingin-australia.com/salaries-australia/
    OMG I was wrong average wage in QLD is 80K, so its even easier in Brisbane then I thought.

Was only meant to be guestimates till I googled, since I've been shopping for a 2nd investment property, and brought my first house in Brisbane in 86 on a $30K wage, was from memory and meant to be antidote.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  18. shredder

shredder Member

Countrywide stats are probably truer than an individual's anecdotal view.

Bureau of Stats says <34yo's mean incomes are under 60k.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As above, I'm not sure that age-based statistics would support some of the age-based claims you've made.

House prices proportionally outpacing salaries is a pretty simple equation, one you've stated yourself. I don't think personal anecdotes and guesses change that countrywide statistic.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  19. millsy

millsy Member

There's also a difference between 'entry level' and 'living in woodridge', just saying.

Hive likes this.
  20. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Only in your mind, it is meant to be a financial decision to get into the market, not an emotional one, "oh i will live here forever" which is the main problem with the people complaining.