1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Business & Enterprise Computing Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by elvis, Jul 1, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    elvis

elvis Old school old fool

mind.gif

2. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

Fairly consistent rumors not many years ago around many men with multiple wives have a couple "go missing" and memories of them selling fresh meat cuts at markets earlier...

3. shredder

shredder Member

Or upon the wild shores of JPEG.

Unframed likes this.
  4. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

Not sure that rating applies to Adelaide.

mooboyj, Unframed and elvis like this.
  5. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

I had a client's employee nag me yesterday that they couldn't buy something ebay with their credit card. I told them there was plenty of credit available. I also gave them a 'Look, I'd suggest seeing if they have a business website and not buy off ebay' and she literally had no idea what I was talking about :(

Ends up sending me the link so *I* can buy it and they reimburse me.
    Auction says nothing about CC and only accepts Paypal.
    I begrudgingly do it - I like my client.

Just got another email

"Are you able to do you magic with this order for XX as well please" - with a photo of the ebay auction off a tablet.

I know I've made a rod for my own back but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

6. Hive

Hive Member

[​IMG]

7. shredder

shredder Member

<desperately> Somebody acknowledge my nerdly algorithmic humour!

upload_2019-12-4_13-18-18.png

Hive likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    elvis

I chuckled IRL, but forgot to updoot. Apologies.

shredder likes this.
  9. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

Maybe you need some ants. I hear they smell better than your neighbours.

10. OP
    OP
    elvis

11. Hive

Hive Member

Overwhelming lacks in common sense (Or UNCOMMON as it should be called) is the problem. You can have all the certs and what not and still be as thick as a brick when it comes time to decide how to do something.

And since when did efficiency become a joke you tell in the pub?

Australia Falls 4 Places – From 18th to 28th – In International Maths Rankings

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2016/11...QfvnHyf_wjp2CR3G0VM0lyykZMuyDu-DtdDU7DgBklWO4

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  12. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

duuuuude who needs math. There's an app for that

[​IMG]

13. power

power Member

who needs math when you have an iPhone!

14. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

I get this with people all the time who say they don't want to use their main credit card with typically five figure credit limits "on the internet" which is fair enough as I don't either so I tell them to simply get a second credit card from their bank or any other financial institution, or failing all of that get one of those rechargable ones from the post office with a low limit of say $500 as that amount is the most that they can ever be up for in fraudulent transactions and which won't cripple them financially until the CC chargebacks eventually revert the funds, and to which they agree is a "really good idea", and then secondly I tell them to sign up for Ebay and Paypal which is free and easy to do and I get blank expressions on their faces.

Then I see a light bulb moment occur as if they think they have somehow outsmarted me for some reason known only to themselves and then in conjunction with a broad smile on their faces proclaiming an air of superiority proudly proceed to ask me a question "but what if you then want to use it and buy a two thousand dollar item given its such a low limit" and I reply if the $500 credit limit card has cash or funds deposited prior so that it's at least $1.5K in credit at the time then the $2K transaction will clear and the transaction will go through so no problem there either, and then they look at me as if I'm telling them to do some kind of illegal cash money laundering transaction and now they are in a state of fear and confusion on the verge of panic almost in case they see a third party is nearby very intently overhearing the conversation and perhaps also making a mental note of both of us so that they can relay the details to law enforcement later on if needs be.

The worst part about all of this is that they are all of varying ages with smartphones having a go at me all the time for only having a Telstra Easycall 3 and can't understand the concept that I only need and use it for sending and receiving calls and nothing else.

15. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

OMG explaing to people about having a second or third account and not having a card attached to primary account. Transfer funds to debit CC prior to purchase or as above low limit card for online purchases. Nope they only have 1 account attached to one card, no wonder scammers get away with 10s of thousands.

16. dakiller

I'm not dumb enough to give my bank account number 063421 19323676 to a scammer now, so 1 account will do me just fine.

GumbyNoTalent likes this.
  17. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Hi I'm calling on behalf of the IRS and it's really urgent that you pay me $1000's in gift cards so a warrant for your arrest isn't issued. ;)

18. dakiller

Can you please hand hold me though how to purchase these gift cards, and the lady behind the counter is saying that I should watch out for scammers asking me to buy gift cards, should I be worried here?

19. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

No, I've been authorised by the IRS to act on their behalf, my company "We Make Shit Up As We Go", is legitmate company in India where the IRS has outsourced its collections to.
    PS you need to hurry because the warrant is being sent to the Sheriff's office today, we have sent instructions to your email how to pay immediately thru our gift card purchasing store which is legit and not a front to panic people into giving us their CC details.

EDIT - Also once we have completed this transaction, i have a cousin who works for a Nigerian prince, he could help you offset the costs of this transaction if you are interested in turning a lose into a win.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  20. shredder

shredder Member

Here you go! A $1000 gift voucher for Lukesters Whiteboxes Pty Ltd.

<hurriedly slaps hand over mouth of Admiral Akbar>
    Mmmff mf MFFFFFFF!!!!

What's that you say my good pal-eroon?? It's a wrap? Indeed it is!