Consolidated Crypto Hodlers/Staking Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., May 11, 2021.

1. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Here's a handy topic to counterpoint the Consolidated Crypto Traders thread. It is a safe-space where one can wax lyrical the joys of crypto hodling and smugly sit knowing that things will be even bigger and even better after the next bull run. :)

2. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

So what did you do with your crypto stash today?

Nothing?

CORRECT ANSWER.

r3s, dr_deathy and GumbyNoTalent like this.
  3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

shit mate we can't even get people to post in the right thread as it is and you want to add another one :lol:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    r3s and Optimus. like this.
  4. Jaco

Jaco Member

Sat on it, did I score 100% ?

Optimus. likes this.
  5. The Beast

The Beast Member

HODL'd and added more GPUs.

This is the ultimate idle clicker, watch as all the numbers go up.

Optimus. likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

^ especially the power bill numbers!

7. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Regular reminder that hodling has performed well in the last few months.

r3s likes this.
  8. r3s

r3s Member

Up eleventy billion %

Optimus. likes this.
  9. havabeer

havabeer Member

But but... dont you have to sell to actually get the profit?

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

nope.

Become a LP, stake and not reinvest, or borrow against your holdings using a self repaying loan.

11. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Profit? WTF is that?

12. r3s

r3s Member

I held hard overnight and the gains were good :lol:

Ada on a bit of a run.

13. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

14. r3s

r3s Member

Been holding hard lately, ada ATH and ethereum classic surging.

15. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

You're holding etc?

16. r3s

r3s Member

And mining it :)

17. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

So my crazy mate, let's just call him Luke, wants to sink a few lazy K (6 atm) into crypto. Having not been "into" the scene since 2013 when I mined a bit, lost a bit (thanks BTCarbs LOL) and eventually cashed out my 0.75BTC in 2017 in the December peak, what are we buying?

Obviously ETH is hot to trot atm due to it being the new low energy, green option but... I'm open to any info from you guys.

Yep, it's all spec so only putting in what he can lose, yada yada, just looking for a starting point from which I can even do my own research on. He wants/ed to mine now he has a large solar system on his business roof but to my thinking if you are into it mid-long term then just buy? Given a decent ETH mining rig would run to 10-12K atm?

Thanks for any general info, criticism, outright rude advice :)

Cheers.

18. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I'd be curious to know what your "crazy mate" luke says to buy?

Look, I, like a dozen other people here could offer you suggestions on particular coins but it would all be coming from a point of bias because we own them. If you were here a few months ago you would see people shilling some absolutely sketchy coins and some people arguing the two kings btc and eth will do better and be safer. Who are you going to believe?

You need to ask yourself a few questions. Whats my investment goal? What's my level of risk? Do I want to day/swing trade? What sort volatility can I really handle? These are just the beginning but you need to define these before you can even start to look at what coin to buy.

There is a lot of coins out there trying to change the status quo but there are far far more coins that are nothing more than vapourware, hype coins, dead coins, soon to be dead coins or coins that shouldn't be on a blockchain to begin with but are because #BlockchainSoHotRightNow.

If you read all that and just want the quick and dirty answer without doing any research, I tell my friends to grab some btc and eth get used to the wallets, exchanges and all nuances to crypto and then MAYBE look for some other opportunities when the timing is right but that is advice for hodlers and may not be suitable for "wen lambo"

upload_2021-8-17_20-35-24.png

If you just want to get rich in the next few months then I am sorry I can't help. I'm sure if you hang around the trading thread you might see some shilling of the "next big thing".

I would say those two reasons are having the least impact on ETH's popularity and price.

Start with BTC and then ETH. If your not sold on those then start heading down the top 10-100

Probably need to speak to the guys in the mining thread on profitability and what ETH2.0 will do to that profitability. My first thought with the pricing of cards atm you would struggle to ROI in 6-8 months which is the planned ETH merge. I could be wrong though.

Full disclosure: I am an ETH maxi, that holds btc, ada and tiny bit of highly speculative shit coins.

MonoJoker likes this.
  19. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Luke has no idea. I do the books for his business and he's now turning over some serious money and wants to dabble. Since I "know" crypto from my couple of years mining/trading back in 2013 I'm the "expert" :)

In a nutshell, buy and HODL for 3-5 years. Diversity would be nice but unless there's an "ASX200 ETF" equivalent for crypto he doesn't have the funds to properly diversify.

I put the leftover BTC Cash I got from holding BTC over the 2016(?) fork into ADA/XRP/BTC in Binance which is now worth, well 2/5ths of 5/8ths of fuck all really. I might have $600AUD left if I'm lucky.

Nobody wants a lambo or expects one, he doesn't have FOMO he's just heard about it and is prepared to take a punt in the medium term. Probably not a bad idea but, as I say not enough capital to really diversify. And short of knowing what Elon will tweet next, to me it's even more of a gamble than it was back when I (kinda) understood it.

Slow burn is fine, no lambos tomorrow, only in 10 years, OK :p

Thanks for the detailed reply, appreciate you taking the time.

Oh yeah, also, is it time to just get him a hardware wallet? I'm really not up on that tech, $200 and it's "secure"? As I say all my holdings have always been with exchanges online.

Edit1: "If you were here a few months ago you would see people shilling some absolutely sketchy coins and some people arguing the two kings btc and eth will do better and be safer. Who are you going to believe?"

What I love about that is it's no different to 2013 when I mined so many shitcoins and listened to shills about them going to the moon the landscape really hasn't changed that much :)

20. r3s

r3s Member

The biggest "safe" gamble would be litecoin for the mid term and prepare to cash out when it halves and price moves ( if it does )

MonoJoker likes this.