Consolidated Crypto Hodlers/Staking Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., May 11, 2021.

1. r3s

r3s Member

I did the same thing, at some point i swapped every shitcoin i had and put it into cardano and then forgot about it, it has done quite well, best thing to do is buy solid fundamental projects and then dont look for a year or 2 or when the media finally catches on and starts talking about it everywhere, thats usually when crypto is hitting the top of the bull run.

2. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

r3s quick google says halving not until 2023 approx? Long time to wait.

Pretty sure you were mining, trading, heating your home bitd along with a few of us here :) I even bought some risers, etc from you way back then. Thanks for the advice.

r3s likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

My tip is to look for platforms, not coins, and make sure that they are innovative and have a unique proposition. Do you research!

Or put it all in to Doge, what do I know.

4. r3s

r3s Member

Keep holding ADA, diamond hands lol, new ATH yet again.

Don't know of any other solid coin platforms that are trading at prices higher then the may ATH spike.

Have to be due for a dip soon.....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  5. apemann

apemann Member

I really dont get the Cardano thing other than its being pumped by people that dont understand the people or technology

6. r3s

r3s Member

Not sure, don't care, hanging on the the ride :)

My ada was converted shitcoins from ages ago that i forgot about and had left on bittrex and binance, so unless it hits life changing levels i will just let it sit there , gain interest and hope it continues its steady increase in price.

7. lxboston

lxboston Member

I've bought some HOT (Holocoin) its basically my only moon bet, and just holding/mining Ethereum for the long/medium term. Otherwise, I trade Forex which has proven more consistently profitable for me and more predictable volatility.

8. r3s

r3s Member

Screenshot_20210822-222341_Exodus.jpg Ada just keeps pushing higher and higher, keep waiting for the crash, will have to be soon but im way too anxious to sell and hope to rebuy on the dip.

9. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

$5 will make me consider my options very carefully... Until then, hodl!

dr_deathy and r3s like this.
  10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So what's happened if it's not hype?

11. r3s

r3s Member

I gave up a long time trying to find logic in crypto movements lol

I don't have time to read everything, could just be 1 company with large reserves buying into the market, fucked if i know , i'd be happy if it kept going to $10~ :D

Anything over $10 if it ever gets their that i have staked i will probably cash out, won't be much but could be a nice family weekend away etc.

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  12. r3s

r3s Member

DIAMOND HANDS!!! :lol: Screenshot_20210823-132301_Exodus.jpg

13. 151528

151528 Member

Stop rubbing it in guys, I've been waiting for it to drop back to $1aud before buying in and now it's looking like that boat has saaaaaailed :tongue:

As long as everything else I hold keeps going up for whatever reason tho I can't really complain :D

r3s likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I have strong opinions on this and believe it's based on merit. I don't expect a drop just yet. It's not hype driving this but promise.

15. 151528

151528 Member

I think a lot of people have been wanting to buy into ada for a long time, but have been waiting for it to drop back to a few cents, as it sat down there for a long time after 2018 ride, that caution of it dropping again after a rise is probably all gone now, and most of the buying is people trying not to miss the boat; I think it will go a lot higher

r3s likes this.
  16. havabeer

havabeer Member

This, if it got to $10 i'd sell half and so something nice with the family.

Or use it to offset my poorly performing shares

r3s likes this.
  17. millen

millen Member

It's certainly nice to see it going up. Of course I only wish I had of bought more ... I got in late to the game so couldn't afford a great deal. Crypto newb really, only started this year.

What's the best way to stake my Cardano.
    Have heard of Exodus phone app ..
    And should I, or do I transfer it to a hardware wallet, can I still stake it then?

18. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Yep, they don't need to be online to stake. You delegate which pool your wallet is staking towards and change as you want / need.

(Just thought - to give this thread more credence I added 'staking' to the title)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  19. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Thats exactly what hype is... future potential or promise.

There was a lot of hype around ETH 1559. There is still a lot of hype around ETH 2.0. Hype is not necessarily a bad thing, in fact I rely on it and encourage it with the coins I hold lol. But it is important to be clear on the driving factors and while I am absolutely tickled pink that I have made a SHIT load on my ADA purchases from .12-.36cents, let's be real. It's hype around the supposedly up-coming smart contracts that is driving this.

If ADA smart contracts are rolled out in the next qtr and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with them, I doubt very much we will see ADA below zero again. It COULD happen, but I doubt it highly.

20. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

My take: ETH is too much of a liability for big money due to the whims of zealots. Cardano is a sterile software development effort and is therefore seen as a safer choice.
    Hype in crypto is just marketing. IOHK have literally done the maths, written the papers to prove it and are bundling it up with an ETH token converter to boot. The money coming in now is people rushing to get in while it's still cheap.

So, the smart money is to buy, hodl and stake while projects decide to come over due to the cost savings. Now may be a time to day trade too ahead of the release and subsequent price dip... But staking is more worthwhile in the long term.

I guess the big irony in this is that Cardano is created by the guy who also started ETC.