Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Following some feedback in existing crypto threads, here's a handy topic to hold the day chat and FUD. :)

The idea of this thread is to house the kind of comments and brain dumps that might take more focused topics off-track. For example existing coin specific threads like the Bitcoin investing thread have now evolved beyond the single coin scope.

-

Current excitement being the XRP run... How long until it pops?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Would be great if it got to BTC 0.00009200

3. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Silly me converted what little BTC i had into it, after i'd sold all my XRP for BTC. It's tanked again lol.

5. shredder

shredder Member

Pays to watch all the major alts for moves at the moment (i.e. these weeks), if you're a trader.

In terms of today I'm watching LTC, STR, BTS. LTC and STR because they're good solid projects, and are on a bit of a run this week. BTS because it's mediocre, but ripe for going on quick jags due to it's prominence on Poloniex (e.g. listed in Margin Trading). Out of those 3, I'm only actually sitting in some LTC today, because STR is on a symmetrical triangle (refer 1hr chart pattern of past 24-36 hrs), and doesn't know whether to go up or down right now, and BTS is far far too risky unless it goes on a confirmed hard run, in which case a quick dip in and out can give a humorous short sharp gain (or loss, if you're unwise enough to walk away from the screen while trading in such a market). I have reasonable confidence that LTC, on the other hand, is reaching towards (I say reaching towards - not necessarily getting to - only time will tell the reality) the $400-500 levels, on the scale of a few days-weeks, and it has strong, old community support.

Naturally, all alt speculation comes with the disclaimer that if BTC goes on sudden bubbles or crashes, then all bets are temporarily off for alts - they can only ride the storm, and baseline levels can change drastically. This is the over-arching high risk of the alt markets. Most particularly true in this kind of shorter term trading discussion, where poorly timed moves can easily decimate your funds, if you're not simultaneously keeping a close watch on BTC's dollar value movements.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Ta for the thoughts...
    I watch the weekly charts for trends and I think XRP may have hit it's peak after the psychological $1 this week. I have moved in to LTC (at least for the night).

My goal now is to hit a combined value of $50k in crypto. :)

Edit: help, I'm doing a papillon and taking my LTC bet and jumping on Verge... !

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  7. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Anyone got any particular thoughts on SafeX?

8. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

If you had your bed in Verge since last night, you're probably pretty happy.

9. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I woke up and thought I was still dreaming. :D
    Esp since my other major holdings are ADA and BTC!

10. koss

koss Member

I have no idea why ADA is pumping, I find it hard to imagine that it's just word of mouth.

Because ADA is only on two mainstream exchanges, it might be really volatile, I will feel more comfortable when it's on a few more of the top 10 exchanges. Though, even at 41cents, that's still cheap enough for a punt.

There is a small chance that some people are trying to accumulate ADA cheap because although there are 25billion issued, there will be another 20billion coming from low energy PoS mining eventually. More ADA you hold, more you get from the PoS mining.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  11. shredder

shredder Member

Stellar marches relentlessly upwards past 24hrs or so, against the face of no shortage of big sell walls in the way, and rising BTC. Interesting.

12. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I think ADA is being recognised as 'crypto 2.0' - it's the best of bitcoin and ETH.
    However there will always be a place for try anonymous currency. Verge 'seems' to have have been ordained the winner here and is overtaking Neo and Monero in popularity. Thanks John Mcafee!

BTC has the public goal of $20k which is nice for the new blood who came in this month... Others are gambling and the smart people are going to get quite rich from all this!

I am not a smart person but have already gone well over my goal of 1000% return.

13. dexx

dexx Member

Its 15 fold rise over the past month is amazing. The question is, will it drop back or keep rising?

14. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

There will be a big drop. I would think Xmas day might see it (manipulation allowing certain markets to buy up while the price is low and the traders preoccupied with their lunches!) or early in the year.

But new baselines will be set and what we've seen through all of this (IMHO!) is the emergence of the new batch of currencies. BTC/LTC/DASH are now joined by XRP/STR/ADA - as they've been relatively consistent throughout this massive upswing. That suggests fair market confidence.
    Undecided about Verge so far but I reckon it could be a good hold until 2022 (if the last few years of Bitcoin are anything to go by)...

15. dexx

dexx Member

Sorry what is STR?

16. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

STR = Stellar, Lumines (XLM) is also it's trading code but for some reason some exchanges use STR.

17. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

18. douver

douver Member

"We've upgraded the servers again. We exceeded the previous cap of 500k concurrent users. Sorry for the inconvenience."

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/942503244684705792

Holy crap 500k concurrent users, I think Poloniex made it to about 70k users at the peak of the last alt season. Looks like we are in for some good pumps.

19. A_C

A_C Member

Getting crazy. Coinspot verification is backed up to 2 weeks apparently.

20. shredder

shredder Member

Always liked Vertcoin.