Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Optimus. likes this.
  2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I hadn't even heard about it till a couple of days ago. It's 330000% in the last 30 days and is now number 23. Better get in while they still have coins available
    upload_2021-5-10_18-53-56.png

If this doesn't make people feel slightly cautious then I don't know what will lol

3. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Caps don't matter anymore, get with the program!

I put $500 in to polka 2 weeks ago. It's not done much since.

4. r3s

r3s Member

Screenshot_20210510-205901_Poloniex.jpg
    I swapped 5.5 dot for shiba this morning, then set a double price with half, auto got my initial investment back, the rest is gravy, i set it for 100b market cap sell, see what happens :lol:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    illdrift likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

OK. I just put my $500 of DOT in to SHIBA. I place all the blame/thanks to this thread.

Thank you for providing such sterling financial advice! :D
    I'M GONNA BE MEME RICH!

Edit: down $12 in 3 min.

FuzwaldQO and Arctic_Silver08 like this.
  6. r3s

r3s Member

Jebus thats some big balls, buy high , sell low? :D

7. illdrift

illdrift Member

Is shiba why gas prices have just shot up from 30 gwei to 300?

8. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

See what happens when I buy... The entire market falls. 'Shiba' is my new swear word!

9. RogerWiIco

RogerWiIco Member

I'll join the party, picked up 22million shibs

10. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm curios on what peopls thoughts are re holding and staking a small amount of cardano is? (Optimus need not apply, i know you'll love it!)

I currently have no holdings. Was only thinking a small amount, say maybe $100 every 2 or 3 weeks. When i'm not using my PC for gaming i've got it mining ETH which i'm thinking of transferring to exodus and then swapping to cardano.

Also...Exodus on phone decent enough? I haven't got anything on my PC anymore, though i have a ledger laying around that might be a smarter idea...

millen likes this.
  11. r3s

r3s Member

The hidden bonus of cardano ( as with other pos coins ) is you accumulate more over time, so when the price is going up steadily over time its a double dip on profits as you are accumulating more at the same time.
    I don't think you can go wrong with eth or ada, probably safer in ETH.

12. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Give peercoin a go.... Done not much this bull run but it has more chances of hitting $10 a coin from this point on than Cardano IMO.

The downsides are probably similar but ppc has more upside, theirs no competition for the narrative off ppc vs ada.

Theirs soooooo many smart contract/staking platforms vs the very first POS stake crypto.... Choose your poision.

I was suprised how much staking rewards ive received in the past week on PPC, im divesting Cardano maybe a bad idea but sometimes pays to go against the herd.

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I had a thought, since i'm only on BTC Markets then I can obviously only sell what they list.

So when it comes time to me deciding to sell whatever, would i be better off swapping to BTC or ETH? They're both pretty highly traded so i figured it wouldn't really matter? I've not dealt with anything they don't list tbh.

14. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I dont think it matters honestly.... So I presume your sending coins back to BTC markets>?

In that case go for the lowest priced blockchain, something like XRP, LTC, ADA, all highly liquid without the B.S of BTC or ETH.....

15. cvidler

cvidler Member

ADA's been growing ~5% every 5 days from staking alone. do some research on the pool to stake to, there's some duds around, but ~5% return is the norm.

you'll see some pools with MUCH better returns, a close look shows, they're one hit wonders. so pick a pool with track history.

16. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Whats your goal? Whats your risk threshold?

Once you have answered above, my advice to friends and family that want moon but also don't have a high risk tolerance, is get ETH and/or BTC first. Once you feel comfortable with that then you can expand your holdings. Personally unless you are super aggressive I will always advise ETH and BTC.

If you are super aggressive then you can start looking at the shit coins.

There are risks with both, I wouldnt start worrying till it is worth something. I have both exodus and ledger

It's not 5% per 5 days, it's 5% APY. So that's 5% per year if you compound the interest.

r3s likes this.
  17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Thanks guys.

Risk, well, it's just going to be spare change i've gotten from mining whilst not gaming so it sort of does but doesn't mean anything to me. Just wanted to have a play. I've had ETH, BTC and XRP in the past. Not really keen on making actual investments anymore outside of this scenario.

18. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Sounds like you have already made your mind up then lol

19. cvidler

cvidler Member

yes of course, I wasn't clear.
    all the trackers quote it annualised.

20. douver

douver Member

If you're only dealing with $100, not really worth selling Ethereum at all currently, best to wait until gas fees drop.

Speaking of which, funniest part is dirkmirk had the right idea but in a round about way. Ethereum fees are up because Elon has been pumping Doge, which caused the Doge meme based Shibe token to pump on uniswap, which caused other Doge meme based tokens to pump, one of those Doge based meme coins was called Elon, which I assume people have mistaken elongate for when they looked for it on pancakeswap instead of uniswap. So Elongate did go up because it had Elon in its name.