Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. r3s

r3s Member

Lol thanks, i wasnt missing much lol, original link seems to be working for me now too.

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Fuck mate McAfee has set a pretty high bar lol. Lets say he as hit Max Keiser level and increasing on the daily lol

illdrift likes this.
  3. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

And that's why I say cryptocurrencies are like cults and religions, the beliefs are absolute to the point of delusion, you can't argue reason with a person like that.

4. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Just F##king around but yeah Religion:lol:!

5. Zee

Zee Member

*Hopefully* this is the right place to ask...

I'm pretty new to crypto, and looking for a touch of guidance. What are suggestions for best places to buy Etheruem, and "best" wallets to store them in? I'm happy to for someone to just tell me the right search terms.

Currently considering Binance but have yet to look in to wallets..

Thanks for any tips.

Z...

6. 151528

151528 Member

Are you based in aus? I hear decent things about swyftx for ease of use, I myself use btcmarkets to get aud in and out of crypto, those are two aus ones I'd recommend looking into

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Witters and Zee like this.
  7. Zee

Zee Member

I am, though currently in the Philippines (and will be for a while yet, by the looks), and the only account I have with actual money in it is a Philippines account, so not sure how much that affects things.

Z...

8. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

My latest sh!tcoin gamble, hard to find value when everything is soooooo overvalued so yeah why not LOL!

Going the opposite direction of the quadrillion sh!tcoin trend, 1 million nice and easy number.

His idea was to back a minimum price of $1 initially, looks to have worked so far but you never know how far these ideas will go.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    AstinGC90 likes this.
  9. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Yeah Binance works fine, real easy to use Binance lite to buy the main favorites. Can just store it on exchange - but depending how much you have might be an idea to consider moving it to an offline wallet like ledger. I have used ledger now for years. no issues. or a free one software only like Exodus

Zee likes this.
  10. illdrift

illdrift Member

Metamask add in for browsers seems to be a go-to. If you plan to play with or use crypto a lot, it's incredibly handy. Check out youtube to see how people use it. I found it confusing at first, but once I got used to it, the concept is pretty simple.

It works for Ethereum and anything compatible. So your one set of seed keys gives you the same wallet address across every 'compatible' blockchain. Some other common examples include the Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. The fees are cheap on other blockchains, so it doesn't get expensive to have a play with.

For bigger sums you may want to make access harder, and use something offline.

Once you get you start getting deeper, I found DeBank gives an awesome breakdown of everything you own and how it's being used, you just throw in your publicly visible address.

This address is assumed to be Mark Cuban's
    https://debank.com/profile/0x293ed38530005620e4b28600f196a97e1125daac

edit:
    Just came across https://chainlist.org/ which appears to prefill all the info you need, to add a blockchain to metamask

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Zee likes this.
  11. Zee

Zee Member

Thank you all - this has been extremely helpful.

Z...

12. icontact

icontact Member

what does this coin do?

13. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

Big spender here grabbed two for a laugh. See what happens I suppose haha

14. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

LOL what does Bitcoin "DOo"!???

But to seriously answer your question million token does nothing......

It's a meme token.

Hmmmm who the f#$k are you going to believe to make money Me or some some random pushing BTC/ETH/VET/LINK/THETA/SOL et goes on.

Mind blown, maybe those F##kers are way overvalued:shock:!

Lol! It's a shitcoin space masquerading as investing...

That's the joke... My belief still stands BTC or LTC everything else is a gamble....

I had a mate saying his $150,000 worth of THETA is going to be worth 3 million in a year or 2...

Maybe he's right..

But what a joke, a coin that's supposed to solve some data issues comes out with its own blockchain lol, need I go on.

15. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Seeing as you are in the Philippines your first question is a little more difficult to answer than if you were in AU. Binance requires KYC/AML identification to deposit AUD and then buy and sell coins not sure about in PH though. However the main takeaway should be, personally, I do not recommended anyone provide Binance with real identification. I don't trust them at all with my personal data. In saying that I trade coins on there regularly but they have no idea who I am. I would be looking at trusted local exchanges or using the big ones like coinspot/coin base/kraken. You might pay a little more but at least they are regulated.

Wallets are an interesting topic, there are pro's and con's to all of them. Personally I use a nano ledger but really that is only as secure as the PAPER seed phrase and where you store that. So it is really determined on a few factors
    1. how much you have invested
    2. Day/swing Trading or just hodling
    3. Long term hold or short term
    4. Risk tolerances
    5. etc
    Basically you have hardware, software, paper, and exchange wallets.

- A hardware wallet needs a seed phrase for backup purposes so it then relies on either a paper or software backup. Due to this it then is only as good as the storage method of those backups. Therefore, IMO, hardware wallets are really only necessary if you plan to trade (buy/sell) frequently, especially on untrusted systems.

- A software wallet, like exodus mobile or metamask, is very user friendly and offers great flexibility especially when wanting to access your coins on the fly but has a couple of drawbacks for that flexibility. Again it requires some sort of storage of a seed phrase in case of backup. There are many attack vectors for software wallets but that is the trade off for their quick access. Good for holding small amounts that you plan to "USE" frequently. Personally I wouldn't be storing 10's of thousands on them. I probably have too much on Exodus but it's ease of staking is again another benefit.

- Paper wallets are arguably the safest but then that all comes down to where you store them. Fire, flood, theft "could" make them vulnerable to loss.

Hope that helps mate.

Oh wow the "as a millionaire" guy that has been mocked for the last two months on twitter has started his own coin. He may be tech savvy, but he has no idea about marketing. Seriously you couldn't write this stuff.
    So much lol.

16. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I can always count on you for the counter argument:p!

UP 300% since friday LOLs

No idea about marketing?(As a millionaire)?......

1 million tokens with a $1 guarantee and no new supply side pressure.....

Yeah he should've created another deflationary quadrillion dog coin we can't get enough of those.....

One thing I love about these meme tokens, theirs no promised utility so the price can be anything purely on market sentiment, buy into a large blockchain with no use case Like ADA theirs a long way to fall....

Same with XRP that coin should've died a long time ago.

Just look at doge it does nothing and is inflationary but that hasnt stopped its meteoric rise.

At this point of the crypto cycle theirs no real need for new coins........

Only thing theirs room for is meme tokens.....

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

No one can say I am not consistent ;) :lol:

And you think that is sustainable? He has a million subscribers, it's pretty understandable there will be an initial peak, but what happens when he runs out of subscribers?

I'm not saying you can't make money off it, however, it's just extremely high risk.

GL

Here's a timeline for you...
    1 month ago: Youtube guy claims he's selling all his eth because he thinks it's shit and he is better than Vitalik because he worked for google and Vitalik didn't.
    For the last month: Gets mocked relentlessly on twitter for being so completely wrong, saying (as a millionaire) in his youtube vids, and thinking that google is the be all and end all.
    One week ago(Or whenever this shitcoin was launched): Youtube guy launches his own coin... As an ERC20 token (on ethereum for those that don't know). FKN LOL!!!

How about not create another coin at all and invest in existing coins that have a use case. I think crypto and people's bank balances would be doing a lot better if people stopped scrapping the bottom of the barrel. ymmv

18. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I strongly disagree with this line of thinking.

"existing coin that have a use case".

And how does one determine the value of those coins?

Cardano was like 2.5 cents last year now trading for $1.35 or even Bitcoin that crashed below 4 grand?

The top coins are pretty well priced in and I'd even argue they are primed to crash big time, some are hyper bullish on Ethereum getting to like $5,-$10,000 a coin.

Binance is a bit on the nose recently so wasn't really much choice for a new token, it was a smarter idea than Binance smart chain.

Its getting harder and harder to pick winners, I remember seeing REEF finance being talked about everywhere a few months back to me that is the ultimate idea of a sh!t coin, it was going to be some new DEFI token on the Polkadot network it obviously raised 10s of millions of dollars and spent a sh!tload on marketing & exchange listings.

And idiots lapped up the narrative and started spruiking it everywhere.

And then you have other lower tier smart contract platforms, Solana, AVAX, Kusama, Theta is going to have a main net and THEN you replicate all the defi related exchanges to those platforms ( Or the interoperable ones:confused:).

Dont get me started on gaming tokens or NFT coins, maybe good bets once upon a time but priced highly as well.

The space is getting too crowded but theirs always room for a good meme token as Shiba or safemoon has shown.

At least Million token is not promising anything and the founder is a public figure unlike other random sh!tcoins.

Anyway maybe I make a killing out of this thing (A million would be nice:lol:) or I loose a bit, have no crystal ball unfortunately:upset:!

19. 151528

151528 Member

I second this, years ago after a few too many beers I had the great idea of trying to buy some shitcoins and provided them with my personal info, fast forward, and after a period of about 12-18 months between logins, they want me to provide it again to confirm my identity.

I guess china already has my ID now thanks to my inebriated decision, but I'd rather not give it to them again.

20. Zee

Zee Member

The quick skim reply ( which I'll expand on later), is I needed a way to get hold of ETH to then allow transactions for something else.

In addition to that, I have a PC with a 1080Ti sitting around that could probably be put to use mining, even if it is just a small income, it's at least my gaming PC doing something, so I need a place to store that, and then, once I have a small ETH amount built up, I can exchange some of it to BTC, along with some additional funds. Basically, I'm looking at the long game. I have very little clue as it is, so just looking to invest money that I won't miss if it all goes up in smoke, but if it blows up, it would be a nice bonus.

I may get in to short term stuff, but I'd want to spend quite a while watching the market and reading through threads on the subject.

Thanks for the reply, btw (to everyone), each post seems to give me something new to research, and I am learning quite a lot pretty quickly.

Z...