Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. r3s

r3s Member

At $10 i'd sell at least half of mine and rebuy on the dip.

2. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I guess I disagree with the notion of hype. They've delivered on all the ground breaking stuff they said they would. Stuff that was called impossible beforehand (multichainning).

Regardless of that, if it got to $10 I would consider my position carefully!

3. douver

douver Member

4. cvidler

cvidler Member

scalability is cardano's next big 'era'.

Byron started everything
    Shelly was decentralisation
    Goguen (now) is smart contracts
    Basho (next) is scalability. - so there's more to come in terms of tps/block size/however you want to quantify it.

5. douver

douver Member

Yeah it's just when people say things like:

There is currently no basis for it. It's a hypothetical future where Ethereum doesn't scale but Cardano does - I'd put odds of that future at less than 0.1%, they'll both scale.

Using the same hypothetical future logic in reverse, as Vitalik had said rollups could make Ethereum transactions go up to 100,000tps. I could say, Ethereum will have up 10000x faster transaction throughput than Cardano.

6. cvidler

cvidler Member

I think with the timing of both chains developments, we'll see SC on Cardano before we see improved scaling on Ethereum.

and as everyone wants to make a buck, the devs will go where it's cheaper. currently there's really only one option (I don't see BSC as a real option, it's just a 'me too' of Eth, not really adding anything, nor an interesting roadmap). In about a month, there'll be a second option, there's already an army of devs on Cardano test-nets (IOHK trained up 1000 of 'em). but again we'll see what happens. predicting this stuff with any certainty is impossible.

I'm on each way on both, so win/win :) maybe.

7. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Per chain but can have multiple chains concurrently processing.

8. illdrift

illdrift Member

Matic/Polyon has use cases today, and has significantly cheaper gas fees than BSC (fractions of a cent). There's plenty of better ETH-scaling blockchains opening in the coming months as well.

I don't think cardano will be able to tout fee's as it's advantage

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  9. douver

douver Member

There's a recent thread from a few days ago here discussing the upcoming Alonzo fork, which again reiterates the 7tps. So I'm pretty sure those figures are accurate - apparently Charles has said it can up to 100tps - but obviously there's a tradeoff/problem there otherwise it would be in the release code. So, currently Ethereum has more blockspace/transactions per second than Cardano.

10. r3s

r3s Member

I guess people tend to believe projects when they deliver , i'm not sure on each 1 but Ethereum has done pretty well and not delivered on POS for years, so if a project has a timeline that they stick to then it may garner more support.

11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

You can see where the advantages lie with cheaper blockchains.

Both things being equal (Sh!tcoins).

Elongate/Cummies you see lots of small transactions on the BSC network.
    Million Token predominately large transactions (Ethereum), higher $ volumes on smaller transactions

The desired network is Ethereum over BSC but both have disadvantages.

BSC is cheap/centralised vs ETH decentralised but expensive.

Its just my perspective but if anything will shake things up it will be Cardano, I don't think Polkadot or Solana has the same kind of market recognition that Cardano has.

And as we all know Bitcoin/Ethereum has market/first mover advantage and if that means anything, Cardano has its niche over the other smart contract platforms even though its not a competitor to Ethereum(yet).

12. douver

douver Member

Yeah in fairness in 2017 everyone was saying Ethereum was going to kill BTC because of it's fast pace of development. I don't think many people would have thought they'd be waiting till 2022 for POS and potentially longer for major scaling. I still think the Ethereum foundation did all their ICO work, dumped and largely stopped working on it. Luckily Ethereum's network effects saved it.

There is always a chance that Cardano foundation are largely where Ethereum was in 2017. Large project upgrades they've been working on are done, and it may take a long time for the next works. Noone buying Cardano now thinks scaling is years off, but it's not like anyone buying Cardano in 2017/18 thought they'd be waiting 3 years for POS and smart contracts either. I don't think there's any even vague commitment on a scaling delivery timeframe from Cardano?

13. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  14. r3s

r3s Member

15. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Lol at least it's being worked on. We can't say that many coins out there including ones in the top 100

16. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Just $200 million worth of eth burnt... it's probably nothing.

17. havabeer

havabeer Member

Cardano has a nice jump, well for a small time holder like me it has

18. illdrift

illdrift Member

Interesting to see where all this yield comes from

So from what I can gather, we're all either investing in a house of cards (derivatives), or a bunch of vaporware :lol:

Also a brief mention of alchemix and chia from Kevin Rose.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  19. r3s

r3s Member

20. havabeer

havabeer Member

Here comes the cardano dip