Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. 151528

151528 Member

As far as mistakes go, that one's pretty damn cheap

2. Slug69

Slug69 Member

A couple of the popular miners reckon ETH 2.0 won't be happening in first month of 2022 but rather toward the end of Q1 next year. Video cards still being sold at ridiculous pricing.

I get the feeling the Republicans will be willing to not provide votes to go beyond budget cap. They are going to have a financial insurrection to hurt Biden. Pretty sure this is why Bitcoin and gold are going through the roof. Eth and other coins tagging along for the ride.

3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

That has always been the time frame. In saying that the merge could happen tomorrow and we still wouldn't see price's decrease for 12 months, IMO.

Apparently the core dev's just finished a massive session greece and got 3 months worth of work done in a week, so it will be interesting to see. However not that a few months matter anyway.

Slug69 likes this.
  4. cvidler

cvidler Member

miners will just move to the next GPU mineable coin.

if they wanted out, they'd have offloaded their cards by now before the value of them drops too much.

5. cvidler

cvidler Member

how do you burn coins without the wallets private keys?
    or are these all 'wallets' online/exchange based so there's no real custodianship for the 'owners'.

6. Current

Current New Member

i quadrupled my money then it crashed and i lost 4/5 of everything, i got into doge and when it peaked at 0.96 i didnt cash out and waited for 1.00 which never happened... lost a fair amount there and did some trades ect: i was into axie infinity before it started rising, but pulled out the last bit of cash i had to register the car. It was $4 at the time :'( and now its $175 peaked at $220 a week ago.

so yeah i'm not happy.

7. r3s

r3s Member

Thars why i dont trade generally lol

I only started with arouns $150 worth of DOT , which i changed for shib at 1400~, sold at 2800~ then bought elon around 120~ sold at 200~, then bought back in at 60~ , it then dropped to 4~ :lol:
    But i wrote off the initial investment the moment i started trading so i'll just sit on the 594m Elon and if it turns into somwthing down the track yay, if not no biggy.

8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Lol is that a stab at how worthless the coin is?

Exactly! something, something, not so smart contract. It's evident that the dev's aren't really sure how it happened or what the fuck they are doing.

No, ironically the ones on exchanges were safe. It was ones in peoples private, secure, wallets that we were burnt. I think they are going to do some sort of roll back or something to sort it out but it just demonstrates the massive risks when dealing with these shit coins.

The other hilarious event this week was an NFT launch on Solana where the creators were not only rugging during the initial minting process, they were bragging about... Like live, while it was still happening. :lol:

Slug69 likes this.
  9. 151528

151528 Member

Pretty much, I mean if there was a time to make mistakes and learn what you're doing on the fly, it'd be when your mistakes can only cost you in the single thousands right? :p

50 trillion would've been barely 3 grand lol

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  10. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

I buy and HODL.
    Its basically my savings.
    Not worth selling unless it makes me rich enough to buy a waterfront home lol

11. cvidler

cvidler Member

we'll just ignore all the chains have test nets.

but #devops dev in prod.

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  12. r3s

r3s Member

Huh?

$13m at current prices.

13. 151528

151528 Member

I missed three zeros :lol: but it's still not 13 mil

14. r3s

r3s Member

What did i miss?
    Screenshot_20211014-205449_Calculator.jpg

15. 151528

151528 Member

16. r3s

r3s Member

151528 likes this.
  17. illdrift

illdrift Member

Here's the snippet describing how it happened

"So, how did this happen? The smart contract calculates a running total of reflections, counting from the inception of the token. When adding the massive burn wallet to that running total, all reflections were recalculated with the new recipient in the Include List. As the Burn wallet was now entitled to reflections, instead of the Smart Contract offering it reflections from NOW onwards, it backdated it & offered it reflections, which the Burn Wallet was entitled to (based on its size), from the inception of the token! These reflections were taken from all holder wallets resulting in a massive community burn"

https://forum.elongate.cc/post/token-loss-response-11970812

This token has become so worthless it doesn't register on my wallet summarizers :lol:

151528 likes this.
  18. fad

fad Member

I am a bit confused.

“We don’t have access to users wallets….”

“All wallets were included in the burn”

So which one is it?

19. cvidler

cvidler Member

just another reason I'm avoiding anything with smart contracts involved. to many retards writing smart contracts.
    (and as above, where was the testing?)

and they'll just mint more tokens in 90 days to replace those taken. yeah like that's the solution. mint more worthless tokens making them even more worthless.

Slug69 likes this.
  20. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Oh man, that sucks. I have been setting percentages for myself and cash out when I hit them. Then I watch as the coin continues to double even more again after I sold...but at least I am getting my targets. Trading ETH, BTC, DOT, and XTZ. Mining ETH, BTC, and XCH (Chia).

Best bit is my wife doesn't know how much I am "playing" with now. Muahahahahahah.