1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. douver

douver Member

Well the pretty obvious FOMO that was the Cardano smart contracts release was a fairly major top. Now it kind of looks like Cardano is getting lost in the crowd of Ethereum competitors, BNB and Solana with higher market cap and Polkadot not far behind. All that said, I like the way Cardano looks like it's finding support around US$2. It also looks to me like IOHK has put a lot of work into developing actual tokens/products that can be released. They've also now released a testnet beta of the PAB code so wallets etc can actually use smart contracts (essentially what everyone thought the smart contract release would be....). Essentially it's just guessing IOHK hasn't dumped yet and they'll spend a bucketload of money on promotion. So I've rebought a bag in hope to add to my ETH/SOL/XTZ.

2. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Im making more money buying meme coins.
    Printed 1000% profit on MicroPets over 1 week and 40% LittleBunnyRabbit over 24rs.

Maybe ill stick to buying memecoins for now. Thats where the money is

munch0r likes this.
  3. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

MARS SHIBA printed 10000% profit.
    Was not expecting at all

Have this feeling kishimoto is about to take off

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  4. r3s

r3s Member

Down down prices are down. Screenshot_20211109-220537_Hotbit.jpg

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  5. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Bitcoin is up, Alts go down. Thats normal.
    Whales selling for profits to buy in BTC and ETH

Holders are now taking advantage and buying

6. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

A pump has started for Dogezilla .

7. illdrift

illdrift Member

jeezus f* christ, has anyone been following the curve wars?

https://twitter.com/AndreCronjeTech/status/1458588862998003713

somewhat of a summary
    https://twitter.com/MidasTheFool/status/1458668935209893889

The mind games are blowing my mind. I can't keep track of all the incentives, deceptions, whale manipulations at play.

Print tokens ad infinitum and essentially drive up all prices for people chasing returns.

Some smart people have essentially created their own federal reserve system.

edit:
    articles beginning to surface

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2...cy-dao-invoked-after-clear-governance-attack/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  8. CacTuar

CacTuar Member

Years ago I had my BTC in a paper wallet (literally printed and hidden), but for the last 4-5 years I've had it sitting on Bitfinex while I trade tiny bits around on alts.
    I read a story of Bitfinex being buttholes to a guy who wanted to pull 2BTC out and it's got me thinking that I should keep what I have with my own keys again but I've read that paper is now a silly way to keep it.
    If we take away the risks like losing the paper, destroying it in a fire of flood or it being stolen, is it really that bad? I'm not planning on selling it any time soon and so long as I ensure the keys aren't found (linux live boot, no internet etc while creating the wallet) would I be cray to sotre it like this still?

9. havabeer

havabeer Member

Sounds weird but this has got me wondering about a slightly different tangent.... BUT.....I would honestly ask your house insurance mob about what their policy is on this.

I don't think a lot of insurance places insure against large piles of cash lying around, I wonder if it's the same for crpyto sitting around on a hard drive style wallet? if you have $100,000 in bit coin and your house burns down destroying the HDD can you claim against it (i'm going to assume no unless you've had it added to your policy)

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I'd say the vast majority of us have a "paper" wallet/backup. If you own a ledger... you effectively have a paper wallet. Any person that has an digital wallet (exodus/metamask) needs a backup phrase and the only people I have heard about losing the funds is people who store that backup phrase digitally (even someone on here iirc), so the smart thing is paper. Paper can be extremely secure if the proper precautions are taken.

Hardware wallets, like the ledger are good as you can split the seed phrase (with a close family member or at different locations) and it would be extremely unlikely that both the hardware and paper were compromised at the same time. For example you split your 24 word phrase (private key) in half and give 12 to a trusted family member or stored at another location. You can access your funds with the ledger at anytime but if it was lost or stolen they couldnt get into without you handing over the password (no different than an banking app). You would be able to grab the 12 words off your family member and move the funds. If someone robbed or burnt down the family members house then no worries you have your ledger, same goes if your house was robbed or stolen and the family member wouldnt be able to steal your funds with only half the details.

The risk of storing your complete seed phrase (private key) in one location has it's obvious problems. I do not recommend this unless you are insured

Hope that makes sense. Obviously as the investment grows your strategy also needs to adapt.

Safes have $ ratings but yes I think it would need to be previously declared with your insurance before being protected.

11. jpw007

jpw007 Member

You'd be paying a significantly higher premium if they were to insure it, but tbh i'd argue it's a hard thing to prove you actually have (since really you could give out any public wallet)

Get a ledger. It's probably significantly easier and safer for average joe, or above-average joe too.

12. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Cardano is going to be another XRP

Nothing surpassed Bitcoin

Nothing Surpassed Ethereuem

Network effect appears to be king despite superior technologies on offer,.

If anything surpasses ETH it probably doesn't exist(at the moment).

IF your new to crypto your best bet medium term is BTC/ETH.

They will have longterm growth.

Those other top coins?

Pure chance if they outperform the BTC/ETH ETF

Slug69 likes this.
  13. argent

argent Member

Anyone voting on the SundaeSwap ISO for SPOs on the Cardano blockchain?

14. havabeer

havabeer Member

Which one gets me a lambo

15. argent

argent Member

lol. Dunno… if you stake with a pool that manages to get chosen, you’ll earn sundaeswap tokens as well as ADA. Being the first native DEX to launch on Cardano blockchain, it could be worth something lol

16. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Got in early on Panda Girl at 10 zeros, already one zero deleted. Promising project.
    Sold some of my other crypto that has been doing nothing like forever to buy PGIRL

17. Luno

Luno Member

Anyone use relaypay?

18. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

hodling my power ledger for years now and coinbase listing doubled its price overnight :O

19. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

I noticed that

20. Krossceeper

Krossceeper Member

Can anyone recommend some good sites and or guides where I can get involved in staking? Mainly ADA but I have some others that have been sitting dormant for a long while. Looked into the ETH situation but a bit unsure as it will be locked up for an unknown time and reward is unknown.